What we're about
Simply Meditation Secular Mindfulness Saturdays
Offer you the opportunity to put aside a half day or a day for secular mindfulness practice every three months or so at the Home of Compassion in Island Bay. Each of these days includes a mix of short sitting and walking meditation sessions and brief talks, with time for discussion. And of course afternoon tea.
The next Simply Secular SUNDAY will be on Sunday 8 October 2017
Come along if you ...
– would like an introduction to a simple form of secular meditation practice, or
– simply want to meet other meditators and find out what we’re like as people, or
– would like an opportunity to practice mindfulness meditation with a secular approach and a buddhist foundation, or
– are an experienced meditator who’d like a different experience, and
– are happy to meditate sitting on a chair rather than on a cushion on the floor.
We come together on a Wednesday evening as One Mindful Breath to meditate, followed by thoughtful discussion and a cup of tea, at the Friends’ Centre in Moncrieff St, Mt Victoria.
Doors open at 7.15, the meditation starts around 7.30, and the evening ends around 9:15.
No appointment needed for Wednesday evening sessions, just turn up.
• Find out more at http://onemindfulbreath.org.nz and http://secularbuddhism.org.nz