Whether you’re already divorced, going through the process of divorce, or contemplating divorce, our group is for you!
The West Suburban Divorce Support Group is here to serve as a vehicle to provide emotional support and friendship through this major life changing event.
Our hope is to provide you with some encouragement and share our experiences in an effort to help you understand some of the emotions that you are feeling.
We are NOT counselors and any information shared or given during the meetup should be viewed as such. We do not allow professional solicitation such as counselors, lawyers, etc. Also, we are not a dating meetup. though we do not encourage forming relationships, we do not frown upon them either as long as all parties are consenting.
Each month, we will hold one monthly meetup where we will dine, create fellowships and share our experiences. This is the “healing” meeting, which we believe is important to attend while going through the process.
We will also have additional meetups at varied locations with "fun" activities (i.e. bowling, movies, after work cocktails, dancing, live music, etc.). These are intended to be “social” events and their primary function is to get you out of the house and give you a temporary distraction to the pain and agony that you are experiencing.
The fact that you’re still reading this means that you’ve made your first step in the process. DON’T stop now. sign up for the group, and come join us for a meetup.
We look forward to meeting you!
Please note the following Group Policies. By joining our group you acknowledge that you have read and understand the following:
1) We ask for a profile photo when you join so we can recognize and welcome you when attending your first event.
2) We have a zero tolerance policy toward abusive behavior. We will not tolerate persons that are disrespectful or in any way make other members uncomfortable at events or when messaging through the Meetup App.
3) This group has been created to provide a safe space for people going through a difficult time in their life. As such, we can not allow both spouses to be a part of this group at the same time. If your spouse/ex spouse is a currently active member, you will be removed.
4) We would like members to participate in at least a few events throughout the year. We all have time constraints and understand that unforeseen circumstances arise. However, our hosting venues need accurate estimates of expected attendance. When RSVP'ing to an event we ask you to respect that commitment and cancel your RSVP if you cannot attend. Attendance will be monitored and those who RSVP multiple times without showing up will be removed from the group.
5) The purpose of this group is to provide friendship and support. We promote this by encouraging active participation at our hosted events. Any member that has joined and has not attended one event in a six month period be removed as well. If you joined and then decided that you are not ready to attend you can always rejoin when you are able to do so.