What we're about
What we are and our identity:
Central Phoenix Writing Workshop (http://www.meetup.com/CentralPhoenixWritingWorkshop/) – East Valley Writing Workshop (http://www.meetup.com/EastValleyWritingWorkshop/) – West Valley Critique Group (http://www.meetup.com/West-Valley-Writers-Critique-Group/)
**Please click here if you would like to know how to start a new meeting in our groups** (http://www.meetup.com/West-Valley-Writers-Critique-Group/messages/boards/thread/35474772)
The writing workshops and groups under my sponsorship are a group of community based writing organizations. Our purpose is to stimulate writing literacy, interest, and excellence through meetings, friendships, and peer critique.
- We serve open style critique groups as our mainstay, with the addition of tailored meetings for more involved or specific purposes.
- Our strength is among the community we derive from, and the empowerment of individuals to step up with our mutual support.
- Our secondary goals are to support community based efforts to provide opportunities and connections to help our individual members achieve personal and commercial success.
Documents and Resources - We have posted some resources you may want to check:
- (http://www.meetup.com/CentralPhoenixWritingWorkshop/messages/boards/thread/6418755/0#25766682) frequently asked questions (http://www.meetup.com/West-Valley-Writers-Critique-Group/messages/boards/thread/35450972/0/#103635972)
- general moderator's guide (http://www.meetup.com/West-Valley-Writers-Critique-Group/messages/boards/thread/35451642)
- New Member Flyer (Not yet Completed)
- Member and Moderator Roles (http://www.meetup.com/West-Valley-Writers-Critique-Group/messages/boards/thread/36324812/#105472092)
- azwriters.wordpress.com - Events, Opportunities, and Workshops for Arizona Authors and Writers. (http://azwriters.wordpress.com/)
We also have several Facebook discussion groups:
- Phoenix area marketing and publishing forum (https://www.facebook.com/groups/151233588289453)
- Central Phoenix Writing Workshop Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/centralphoenixwritersworkshop)
Respect does not come from being right. It comes from being wise. We’re not here to tell people the “right way” to do things. We’re here to guide people to the best ways to do things. Most of us are smart and knowledgeable. But our respect comes when we value the knowledge of others above our own.