Come join us and we'll go through how to set up your Go environment. We will also walk through setting up a basic API with tests. We encourage you to bring your own laptop, but we will also have code up on the screen so that you can follow along.
• 6:00 - 6:30 - Meet & Greet (pizza & beer!)
• 6:30 - 7:00 - Setting up your Go environment
- Install Go: https://golang.org/doc/install
• 7:00 - 8:00 - Creating a Basic API with Tests
- Tutorial: https://thenewstack.io/make-a-restful-json-api-go/
- Sample Tests: https://gist.github.com/hlhendy/b50987d3006fc220e6d34068d42b7da8
Code of Conduct: Women Who Code (WWCode) is dedicated to providing an empowering experience for everyone who participates in or supports our community, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or socioeconomic status. Because we value the safety and security of our members and strive to have an inclusive community, we do not tolerate harassment of members or event participants in any form. Our Code of Conduct applies to all events run by Women Who Code, Inc.