What we're about
Upcoming events (2)
Join WCS for a private screening of The Revolution Generation, the latest documentary by activist/filmmaker team Josh Tickell and Rebecca Harrell-Tickell.
- Register here.
- Standard ticket: $3
- This event is complimentary for all WCS members. No promo codes needed.
- Refer to the membership options here. Become a member here.
Join WCS for a private screening of The Revolution Generation, the latest documentary by activist/filmmaker team Josh Tickell and Rebecca Harrell-Tickell. What better way to end your work week than by grabbing your favorite snack and beverage of choice, sitting back with your bossbabe friend group, and creating a space for a moment of inspiration. This documentary, produced by 360 Degree Communications, focuses on the exploration of world-changing activism and potential of the largest youth generation in history! The Revolution Generation shows examples of young leaders working to revolutionize systems that have failed their generation. It paints a powerful and hopeful picture of how today’s youth can solve global political and environmental crises.
This upbeat and inspiring documentary is narrated by and features the Award-Winning Actor Michelle Rodriguez (Lost, Avatar, The Fast and The Furious). The Revolution Generation is a manifesto in nature, tailored for today's youth on the societal forces that have both shaped and held back their generation. Go into your weekend feeling empowered and reminded of how truly great your impact can be, we all need to be reminded of it sometimes.
As the millennial and youth vote slides backwards in the United States from over 50% in 2016 to 46% in 2020, the movie ends with a call to action for young people to get involved in policy including running for office, revolutionizing outdated parts of our democracy and most importantly, voting.
Event Agenda (times in PT):
- 5:00 - 5:02 Arrival and Introductions
- 5:02 - 5:05 Zoom etiquette, housekeeping items
- 5:05 - 6:35 Film Screening
- 6:35 - 6:45 Thank you and wrap-up
Business Development & Strategy at Sustainable Brands, WCS Volunteer Manager
Kirpa is a climate reality leader, humanitarian, and speaker committed to sustainability, social, and environmental innovation. Having worked with several organizations whose focuses include sustainability, circular economy, and clean technology, Kirpa aims to shift the economy towards increased sustainable development practices for a greener and more just future. A Bay Area native, she goes on weekly coastal cleanups with her dog, Ziggy, to clear trash from local waterways and bring awareness to the marine litter problem.
ro*co films was born in Cannes in April of 2000, when Annie Roney brought her first Oscar-nominated documentary film, Regret to Inform, to the international media market for licensing. It was only one film, but the masterful filmmaking and haunting content deserved a personal approach. After licensing the film to dozens of countries and being thanked by buyers for bringing a women’s perspective of war to the screen, Annie committed herself and her team to finding audiences for a curated collection of documentaries that could positively impact the way global audiences wrestled with complex issues. Serving both filmmakers and media buyers, ro*co has naturally grown and evolved much like the markets we serve. We can now reach an expanded, more diverse audience, while proudly returning quarterly royalties to filmmakers through six distinct divisions; international distribution, educational distribution in the US & Canada, North American sales, digital distribution, international semi-theatrical licensing and production.
WCS Talks is coming back in person this year with the TED-style event featuring the brightest minds and most inspiring stories of the clean economy metamorphosis occurring all over the world. The event will feature both women and men from a variety of sectors sharing their perspectives and challenging our assumptions.
Learn more and register here: https://bit.ly/WCSTalks2022
Why Should you attend the WCS Talks event?
- Grow your network – make business connections across cleantech, sustainability, corporate social responsibility, VCs/investors, government organizations, tech companies, sponsors, etc.
- Be inspired – come away with new ideas, meet the most innovative start-ups, learn about the latest trends in the industry
- Find a mentor – use the opportunity to join our mentorship program and get matched with a mentor/mentee
- Join your community – we’re an inclusive, supportive, and welcoming environment for everyone
- Boost your career – find out about career opportunities in cleantech & sustainability for your next role and/or get useful tips and connections for pivoting into cleantech
- Make an impact – bond and collaborate with like minded people who are just as passionate about saving the planet as you are
- Have fun – WCS events are known for being the most positive, lively, and fun events in the industry
- Sponsored by Google – meet and mingle with Google sustainability leaders
Climate Tech Investor at Plug and Play Ventures
Talk Title: A Diverse and Decarbonized Energy Mix
VP of Marketing & Public Policy at Gaf Energy
Talk Title: We make the way by walking: on Machado, mentorship, and professional pathmaking
Corporate Associate at Morrison Foerster
Talk Title: The ABCs of PBCs
Vice President, Marketing at Terrasmart
Talk Title: Powering Business Transformation Through your Brand
Senior Manager of Manufacturing Engineering Integration at First Solar
Talk Title: Shaping A Responsible Green Community
Founder at Ecovybz Environmental Creatives
Standard ticket: $130
Early bird: $117
At the door: $150
Special offer "5 Pack Package discount": $500
WCS members receive 50% off. Apply for our membership here.
Student but not our member? Reach out to us at [masked] with your student card attached in order to receive your discount code!
Interested in Sponsorship?
Click here to learn more
Plug and Play