Lessons From Documenting Source Code
Presented by Jai Pradeesh and Sanket Saurav
Jai will start by covering how to improve documentation in an existing codebase. At DeepSouce, this includes implementing standards, conventions, and how-to documents that clearly communicate functionality. Next, Sanket will discuss maintaining healthy documentation of new check-ins by tracking docs coverage across the project.
Jai and Sanket hope to share their expertise, gained from lessons learned from developers who manage large codebases.
DeepSource website: https://deepsource.io/
Jai and Sanket founded DeepSource to help developers ship good source code.
Jai has been contributing to the open-source community for about eight years. Follow him on Twitter: @dolftax
Sanket is the ex-CTO of DoSelect, and is a contributor to the Django project. Follow him on Twitter: @sanketsaurav
Dinner, Networking, and Announcements: 6:30 - 7:00
Presentation: 7:00 - 8:00
Networking and Socializing: 8:00 - 8:30
FOOD & DRINK:
Will be provided. Vegan and gluten-free options will be available.
Ripple ( https://ripple.com/ )
315 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104
* The event will be held on the 3rd floor meeting space. Please check in at the front desk. The event will be recorded. The area is wheelchair-accessible. There is a ramp to the main entrance and elevators to the 3rd floor meeting space.
* Please provide your real first and last names in your profile or by messaging the organizer. Ripple security has asked us for the attendee list. If we have you listed in advance, you'll get in faster.
* Building Access - Building access is controlled by building security. Please bring your ID.
* Public Transit - Ripple is ~4 blocks from Montgomery BART/MUNI station, and CalTrain is a short bus ride or ~20 minute walk. The Ferry Building is also a ~20 minute walk to the venue.
* Car Parking - There are several local garages. The closest garage is 555 California St Garage: https://www.parkme.com/lot/84340/555-california-st Note: The entrance is located at 424 Pine St.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
We're an inclusive, caring group. Please take a moment to read the Write the Docs Code of Conduct: http://www.writethedocs.org/code-of-conduct/.