- 🌲🌼 URBAN HIKE: Rouge Park, Scarborough (14 Km): Sat, Apr 1
Let's explore Rouge National Urban Park, Canada's first national park within a city. Located in Scarborough, this urban park is a wildlife and nature refuge right here in our city's "backyard".
- EVENT CATEGORY: Urban Hike - Scenic
- DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Intermediate -- Recent experience hiking 12 km or more required.
- WHAT TO BRING: Water (at least 1 L), lunch, snacks, appropriate clothing and footwear, hat, camera, cellphone, cash for personal expenses and/or TTC ride.
- POST-EVENT: TBD
- WEATHER POLICY: In the event of harsh weather, this walk will be cancelled. The hike leader will monitor the weather forecast and notify all registered members at least 24 hours in advance to confirm or cancel the event.
- TOTAL HIKING TIME: 4-5 hours hiking including lunch and stops, depending on overall group pace.
Travel to the Rouge Valley Conservation Centre on Zoo Road by car or public transit and meet our group there NO LATER than 10:15 AM. The hike will start promptly at 10:30 AM.
*** PLEASE, BE ON TIME ***
We will not wait for anyone after 10:30 AM. It is not okay to join the event or call the Organizer after the event starts at 10:30 AM.
⭐️⭐️ Event Fee: $5/ person (only $4 if paid ONLINE)
⭐️⭐️ HOW TO PAY ⭐️⭐️
You may pay the $5 fee CASH at the beginning of the event, or online via Interac E-Transfer (Save $1).
- Send payment to: Walter De Marco
- Email: thats.walter @ yahoo.com
- E-Transfer security answer: "Adventure"
Rouge Valley Conservation Centre - Meadowvale Rd & Zoo Rd, Scarborough, ON.
- 500 m from the Toronto Zoo
⭐️ Google Map ⭐️ >> Click HERE <<
- By Car: Parking is available at the park entrance. See location above.
- By TTC: From Kennedy Subway Station, take Bus 86A Scarborough towards the Toronto Zoo. Get off at Zoo Road stop, one stop BEFORE the Toronto Zoo. Walk 100 m to the right down Zoo Road and you will arrive at the Rouge Valley Conservation Centre.
During all events, members are responsible for themselves. All events in this Meetup group are planned and operated by organizers with several years of experience. However, we make no claims of being professional guides, and take no responsibility for the outcome of any of our trips or activities.
- Nergis C.
- 9 attendees
- ⛰️🥾Explore the Rocky Mountains (7 Days): Aug 2023
⭐️ THE PERFECT GROUP OUTDOOR ADVENTURE IN THE SPECTACULAR CANADIAN ROCKIES! ⭐️
(Includes transport by chartered minibus for 3 days)
Aug 6-12, 2023 • 7 Days/ 6 Nights
From $1640 CAD – EARLY BIRD
Flight NOT incl.
EVENT CATEGORY: Hiking Trip, Multi-day.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Intermediate to advanced ~ Recent experience hiking 10mi/day or more required.
Immerse yourself in some of the most amazing landscapes that Canada offers, hike on scenic and well-maintained mountain trails, spot diverse wildlife, and rest by brilliant turquoise lakes in the gorgeous Canadian Rockies. Discover Emerald Lake in Yoho National Park, the Athabasca Glacier and hike the trails overlooking the stunning Takakkaw Falls with a professional guide. Choose among the many exciting optional activities in the Lake Louise and the Jasper areas, such as guided hikes, canoeing, a scenic gondola ride or lake cruise. Each day will be even more exciting than the last!
Max 12 participants. We recommend that you register on TorontoHiking by May 1 to secure your spot.
⭐️ ⭐️ HOW TO REGISTER ⭐️ ⭐️
Please, >> CLICK HERE << to see the full description and register via TorontoHiking.
⭐️ Event offered in conjunction with our hiking partner -- TorontoHiking (TorontoHiking.com) ⭐️
- 1 attendee