What we’re about
The purpose of this group is to offer educational workshops and instruction to individuals and groups that want to improve their photography and improve the understanding of their camera.
We're huge on continuing education. Some of our Meetups will be at no charge, and some require, and deserve, a fee.
We hope you decide to participate as often as possible.
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- **FREE** November Online Image Critique: AMAZING AUTUMNSLink visible for attendees
DO NOT include your name in the filename!!
For this critique, send me up the THREE of your best images that were taken during Autumn 2022 or 2023.
Yup, for this critique, you can go back to last year's autumn if you'd like.
Send me your BEST, MOST CREATIVE IMAGES!
1. RSVP on this page
2. Submit images as detailed below.
3. SIMPLY CLICK BELOW TO JOIN the Zoom online training:
Meeting ID: 856 3673 4651
IF YOUR PLANS CHANGE AND YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE UPDATE YOUR RSVP.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW VERY CAREFULLY. SOME OF THE INFORMATION IS NEW
ALL OF THE IMPORTANT SUBMISSION DETAILS ARE LISTED BELOW!
*AT 6:45 YOU CAN JOIN WITH YOUR VIDEO CAMERAS AND MICS ON TO MINGLE *
AT 7:15 PM THE MEETING WILL BE LOCKED, SO PLEASE BE THERE EARLY!
DETAILS FOR SUBMITTING IMAGES
1. Submit up to three images for this critique that were taken during the time frame listed below that fit the theme as described above in the Meetup Details.
2. You need to send me your images in JPG or PNG format, and the LONGEST DIMENSION for the image you submit must be 1024 pixels long. So, a vertical photo will be 1024 tall by whatever the length comes out to be, and a horizontal photo will be 1024 wide by however tall the height comes out to be. Please send your images with a resolution of 72 pixels per inch and save in the sRGB color space. Your entries must be sent to me no later than 11:59 pm on the deadline date listed below at the bottom.
3. The file name of the image needs to be JUST the title of the image. As an example, if the title of an image I submit is called pretzels, the image file name would be pretzels.png or pretzels.jpg
4. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME IN THE FILENAME
5. Please, no borders or watermarks on the digital images you submit for critique.
6. Email your entries to email@example.com with the three words “NOVEMBER IMAGE CRITIQUE” in the subject line. Failure to do this will disqualify your images. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPELLING!
The main purpose of the CRITIQUE session is to help you learn and grow as a photographer.
You can only submit images if you will be ONLINE for the critique session.
After the online critique session, I will pick the "Best Six Pack" to be displayed on this page as well as our group Facebook page. The Best of the Best will be chosen based on composition, clarity, visual impact, inspiration, post-processing, and how well it fits the challenge theme.
Your images must have been taken DURING AUTUMN 2022 OR 2023
**Final deadline to submit images will be 11:59 pm on TUESDAY November 28th, 2023**
- **SOLD OUT** Classy Glamour and Nudes with Beautiful Miriam ChickPositive Negatives, Arnold, MD$119.00
~~LIMITED TO ONLY 6 PHOTOGRAPHERS~~
**YOU MUST PAY $119 RIGHT HERE BEFORE YOU RSVP**
Join this terrific Classy Glamour and Nude Workshop with the stunningly beautiful and sexy Miriam Chick.
During this workshop, you will learn how to shoot one-light studio glamour and nudes using studio strobes and strobe modifiers. In addition, you will learn how to shoot ambient light room environment images as well.
You will also learn:
- How to properly meter for consistent results
- How to take a custom white balance for accurate color
- How to pose and direct the model
- How to utilize various focal lengths
Model Fee Included.
You must be over 21 and okay with nudity.
Paid attendees will receive detailed instructions as we get closer. Payments are non-refundable.
- **FREE EVENT** Photographing an On-Location Environmental PortraitLink visible for attendees
During this FREE Members-Only online training, I will show you the equipment I use and the procedure I use to photograph an environmental on-location portrait.
The equipment and techniques shown can be used at almost any location, and almost any time of the day.
JUST CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TRAINING
- **SOLD OUT** The Fabulous FL Bird, Butterfly, and Nature Photography WorkshopHampton Inn & Suites Boynton Beach, Boynton Beach, FL$997.00
**SORRY! SOLD OUT**
OMG! You DO NOT want to miss this incredible workshop!
THREE glorious days of incredible bird and nature photography.
1. Love to photograph exotic rare birds?
2. Love to photograph amazing birds in flight?
3. Love to photograph birds in their nest-building process?
4. Love to photograph pelicans and herons and more, within arm's reach?
5. Love to photograph flamingos, peacocks, alligators, and much more?
6. Love to photograph thousands and thousands of butterflies?
7. Love to enjoy nature in sunny warm Florida in the dead of winter?
Professional wildlife photographer David Blecman will be with you the entire trip to show you and teach you how to get amazing captures as pictured below. There will be unlimited group and individual instruction on how to capture amazing images.
1. Group and individual instruction, as much as you need
2. Transportation from the hotel to all photographic locations and restaurants
3. A Sunday evening belly-busting welcome dinner
4. All location entrance fees
What's not Included:
1. Airfare to Florida and transfers to and from the hotel
2. All meals (except for the Sunday evening welcome dinner which is included)
3. Hotel fees (king room jr suite, fridge and micro, base rate of $209/night)