What we're about
Upcoming events (4+)
- Join us for our weekly breakfast event. Sunday morning at Omelet House 50s Diner. Try to arrive by 8:45am for 9am seating. RSVP with integrity. Your no show may prevent a waitlisted member from attending. Get to know LV Atheists members and engage in friendly, lively conversation. Any atheist friendly persons welcome including curious and religious doubters. No proselytizing please.
Let's try a Happy Hour on east side, during a week when we have nothing else scheduled. This is one of the Henderson locations for Parkway Tavern. Meet new like minded friends and some of our regulars. Drinks, food and lively conversation. Join us if you can. Guests welcome. We're a friendly group. Arrive when you are available and stay until you want to leave. I will make a reservation when I have an approximate count.
Happy Hour 3-6pm. Download the app for 50% off beer, wine and spirits.
The Las Vegas chapter of the Sunday Assembly: the best bits of church but with no religion and with awesome pop songs!
We are here for everyone who wants to:
Live Better. We aim to provide inspiring, thought-provoking and practical ideas that help people to live the lives they want to lead and be the people they want to be
Help Often. Assemblies are communities of action building lives of purpose, encouraging us all to help anyone who needs it to support each other
Wonder More. Hearing talks, singing as one, listening to readings and even playing games helps us to connect with each other and the awesome world we live in.
Visit us on facebook:
The Atheists Round Table is a meet-up where all are welcome, atheists, agnostics, spiritual, curious, and even the religious. We ask that if you are religious that there be no proselytizing.
It is a topic based meeting where we have a set topic for discussion. Discussion is moderated with the following rules to try to encourage everyone to participate:
How many people participate? Good question. Understand that We encourage everyone to 'click' on the 'I'm going' button here in the Meetup website. I have been hosting off and on for about four+ years and we average minimum 10 or so participants and 20+ is not unusual so don't let the 'going' number confuse you. Many have been going for years.
- We have a talking stick (a soft toy) that indicates who "has the floor", please respect peoples chance to talk.
- Please keep your talk time to 2 minutes. We want to hear from everyone.
- If you want to talk, raise your hand so everyone can see it. If you just finished speaking, please prioritize tossing the talking stick to those who haven't talked much/at all. Some of us lose ourselves in the discussion (me included) and want to talk too much at times at the expense of others. Lets make sure everyone gets heard.
- Do not insult, trash, marginalize or otherwise bully people who don't share your opinion. We are the proverbial "herd of cats" and we value our wide diversity of ideas. Lets politely discuss the ideas put forth. We should be above ad hominem attacks (insults).
In this manner, individuals can contribute their opinion to the overall discussion. We do NOT ask for donations or any kind of membership fees.
Political affiliation is not part of this meet-up. Meaning we are a mixed group of democrats, republicans, libertarians, socialists, anarchists and whatever.
Political ideology is separate from our dis-belief in a god or gods, and while many might share similar political opinions, it is a mistake to assume everyone in attendance thinks the same way. Keep discussions and debates respectful. We are all in this together folks!
Everyone is welcome!