The Bend Ski Club (BSC) is a group of active downhill skiers and snowboarders. BSC activities include recreational skiing, skills improvement, presentations on skiing related topics, and on and off mountain social events. The club has members at all skill levels. The club offers an excellent opportunity for skiers to meet and ski with others who are at similar ski levels. Visit the "Join Us" tab on our website to join and pay your dues.
NOTE - NEW MEMBERSHIPS FOR THE 2020-2021 SEASON CLOSED EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2021. MEMBERSHIP FOR THE 2021-2022 SEASON WILL OPEN NOVEMBER 2021. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE CLUB. WE HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US THEN!
Joining the Bend Ski Club Meetup.Com does NOT mean you are a member of the Bend Ski Club. Participants in Bend Ski Club Meetups are encouraged to formally join the BSC. Additional advantages of BSC membership include eligibility for club discounts, access to members-only social events, secondary insurance for on-mountain events and eligibility to join ski trips and receive discounts offered through the Northwest Ski Club Council and Far West Ski Association. Go to https://www.bendskiclub.net for information on how to join and pay your dues.
ONGOING - Participants in BSC Meetup.com events, who are NOT already dues paying members of the club, will be permitted to attend two (2) events as guests, on a trial basis, after which they will be asked to formally join the club to attend future events. Guest registration is required (see the "Join Us" tab on our website for the guest registration form). https://www.bendskiclub.net (https://www.bendskiclub.net/)
All Bend Ski Club on-mountain events are subject to weather conditions. Meetup event leaders will notify participants who have signed-up for events if there are any changes due to weather. Of course, on days when there is fantastic powder, events may be scheduled on short notice to take advantage of ski conditions. Members should check the Meetup site or the Bend Ski Club website for new notifications.
THREE (3) STRIKES AND YOU ARE OUT- If you do not show up for a ski event on the mountain, 3 times, you will be removed from the Bend Ski Club meet up site. Please know that while the Bend Ski Club does try to be understanding about special circumstances, we will enforce this policy.
CANCELLATION OF ON MOUNTAIN SKI EVENTS - Please cancel no later than 7am the morning of the event by calling or texting the leader and removing yourself from the sign ups. Failure to do so will result in you being considered a NO SHOW.
SKI LEVELS -
Mellow Intermediate - Groomers Only. Entirely Blue runs. Relaxed pace, lots of stops to gather everyone
Fast Intermediate - More challenging. Mostly Blue with occasional Black run. Relaxed to a faster pace, depending on group.
Advanced Intermediate - Reasonably fast pace, powder, some trees & some groomers.
Advanced Requires the ability to ski all the mountain in all conditions with few stops. Groomers at a relatively fast pace, plus other more challenging terrain.
Rules for Ski Meetups -
* Helmets are required.
* Participants must be 18 or over.
* To participate in a BSC Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BSC Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
*All participants must be capable of skiing at the level indicated in the event announcement.
* If a participant is not comfortable with a specific run or route taken by the group, the participant shall notify the leader and take an alternate route that is appropriate for his or her skill level.
*A participant may inadvertently get separated from the group and must be capable of skiing independently if necessary.
*Skiing may be significantly impacted by changing weather conditions (rain, wind, reduced visibility). Participants must monitor activities for cancellations or changes. If the weather conditions are bad on the day of the scheduled meetup, the meetup may be cancelled. If the event is cancelled due to poor weather, a message will be posted on the morning of the meetup by 7:30 a.m.
* Participants must be ready to start skiing with the group at the Meetup time. If your plans change, please cancel from the Meetup event so the group is not waiting for you.
Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity
Please read the entire document and be certain you understand the implications of signing.
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in Bend Ski Club activities, including but not limited to on-mountain ski meetups, après ski events, meetings and social events (collectively “Activities”} I HEARBY:
ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I am at least 18 years of age and that I am qualified, in good health, and proper physical condition to participate in Activities. I further agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe ski conditions are unsafe, I will discontinue participation.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I acknowledge that skiing/snowboarding has risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death. Inherent hazards and risks include but are not limited to:
1. Risk of injury from the activity and equipment utilized including the potential for broken bones, severe injuries to the head, neck, and back or other bodily injuries that may result in permanent disability and death.
2. Possible failure and/or malfunction or misuse of my own or others' equipment.
3. I AGREE THAT I WILL WEAR A SKI HELMET. However, protective gear cannot guarantee the participant's safety. I further agree that no helmet can protect the wearer against all potential head injuries or prevent injury to the wearer's face, neck or spinal cord.
4. Variation and/or steepness of terrain, variation or changes in surfaces including but not limited to snow surfaces, ice, bare spots, rocks, stumps, debris, cliffs, trees, tree wells, fences, posts, poles, signs, buildings, roads, walkways, ramps, rails, stairs, manual pads, bowls, half-pipes, jumps, padded and nonpadded barriers, other persons, and other natural and man-made hazards.
5. During new snow and after a lot of snow, tree wells can form around trees. If skiing near trees, you could fall into a tree well. If so, you may not be able to extract yourself. Falling into a tree well can cause injury or death.
6. My own negligence and/or the negligence of others, including but not limited to operator error and guide decision making including misjudging terrain, weather, riding surfaces or other obstacles.
7. Exposure to the elements and temperature extremes may result in frost nip, frost bite, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, sunburn, hypothermia, dehydration and other medical problems.
8. Dangers associated with exposure to natural elements include but are not limited to avalanche, rock fall, inclement weather, thunder and lighting, severe and or varied wind, temperature and other weather conditions.
9. Accidents or illness occurring in remote places where there are no available medical facilities.
10. Fatigue, exhaustion, chill, and/or dizziness, which may diminish my/our reaction time and increase the risk of accident.
11. Impact or collision with other skiers/snowboarders, spectators, facility employees, pedestrians, motor vehicles, and cyclists.
12. Other medical problems, emergencies, issues or events not specifically described herein.
* I understand this description of risks are not complete and unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury, illness, or death.
I FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I INCUR AS THE RESULT OF MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE BEND SKI CLUB.
I HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Bend Ski Club, their officers, directors, representatives, agents, volunteers, members, sponsors and, if applicable, any other affiliate of the Bend Ski Club (each considered one of the RELEASEES herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE. I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND IDEMNITY AGREEMENT, I or anyone on my behalf makes a claim against any of the releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may incur as the result of such claim.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY ACCEPTING IT, AND HAVE ACCEPTED IT FREELY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
# Note: The Bend Ski Club and the Bend Ski Club Meetup are two distinct and separate groups. In order to be a Bend Ski Club member in good standing you must file a formal application and be current in your dues payment. Applications to join the club are available on the website at https://www.bendskiclub.net.