The Bend Ski Club (BSC) is a group of active downhill skiers and snowboarders. BSC activities include recreational skiing, skills improvement, downhill ski racing, presentations on skiing related topics, and on and off mountain social events. The club has members at all skill levels. The club offers an excellent opportunity for skiers to meet and ski with others who are at similar ski levels.
Participants in Bend Ski Club Meetups are encouraged to formally join the BSC. Additional advantages of BSC membership include eligibility for club discounts, access to members-only social events, secondary insurance for on-mountain events, access to "City League" NASTAR downhill racing at Hoodoo, and eligibility to join ski trips and receive discounts offered through the Northwest Ski Club Council and Far West Ski Association.
NEW for 2016 - participants in BSC Meetup.com events, who are NOT already dues paying members of the club, will be permitted to attend three (3) events free, on a trial basis, after which they will be asked to formally join the club to attend future events.
All Bend Ski Club on-mountain events are subject to weather conditions. Meetup event leaders will notify participants who have signed-up for events if there are any changes due to weather. Of course, on days when there is fantastic powder, events may be scheduled on short notice to take advantage of ski conditions. Members should check the Meetup site or the Bend Ski Club website for new notifications.
Rules for BSC Meetup Event
* Helmets are required.
* Participants must be 18 or over.
* To participate in a BSC Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BSC Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
*All participants must be capable of skiing at the level indicated in the event announcement.
* If a participant is not comfortable with a specific run or route taken by the group, the participant shall notify the leader and take an alternate route that is appropriate for his or her skill level.
*A participant may inadvertently get separated from the group and must be capable of skiing independently if necessary.
*Skiing may be significantly impacted by changing weather conditions (rain, wind, reduced visibility). Participants must monitor activities for cancellations or changes. If the weather conditions are bad on the day of the scheduled meetup, the meetup may be cancelled. If the event is cancelled due to poor weather, a message will be posted on the morning of the meetup by 7:30 a.m.
* Participants must be ready to start skiing with the group at the Meetup time. If your plans change, please cancel from the Meetup event so the group is not waiting for you.
Please Read And Be Certain You Understand The Implications Of This Waiver.
* I am age 18 years of age or over.
* I am aware that skiing and snowboarding can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. I am responsible for judging my ability to ski with the group and my ability to handle the ski conditions. I alone am responsible for the decision to ski or not to ski with the group.
* Each skier/rider attending this event is participating at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment or themselves.
* I release and hold harmless the Bend Ski Club, its officers and directors, and organizers or leader(s) of this event from liability for any injury to myself or damage to my equipment resulting from my participation in this event.
* I am aware that unless I am a current member of the Bend Ski Club in good standing, I do not have coverage under Bend Ski Club’s liability insurance and would be personally liable for any injury to myself or others, and property damage, that I cause.#
* By joining the Bend Ski Club Meetup, I agree to all the above.
# Note: The Bend Ski Club and the Bend Ski Club Meetup are two distinct and separate groups. In order to be a Bend Ski Club member in good standing you must file a formal application and be current in your dues payment. Applications to join the club are available on the website at www.bendskiclub.net.