What we're about
The Bend Ski Club (BSC) is a group of active downhill skiers and snowboarders. BSC activities include recreational skiing, skills improvement, presentations on skiing related topics, and on and off mountain social events. The club has members at all skill levels. The club offers an excellent opportunity for skiers to meet and ski with others who are at similar ski levels.
www.bendskclub.net to join and pay your dues
Joining the Bend Ski Club Meetup.Com does not mean you are a member of the Bend Ski Club. Participants in Bend Ski Club Meetups are encouraged to formally join the BSC. Additional advantages of BSC membership include eligibility for club discounts, access to members-only social events, secondary insurance for on-mountain events and eligibility to join ski trips and receive discounts offered through the Northwest Ski Club Council and Far West Ski Association. Go to www.bendskiclub.net for information on how to join and pay your dues.
ONGOING - Participants in BSC Meetup.com events, who are NOT already dues paying members of the club, will be permitted to attend three (3) events free, on a trial basis, after which they will be asked to formally join the club to attend future events.
All Bend Ski Club on-mountain events are subject to weather conditions. Meetup event leaders will notify participants who have signed-up for events if there are any changes due to weather. Of course, on days when there is fantastic powder, events may be scheduled on short notice to take advantage of ski conditions. Members should check the Meetup site or the Bend Ski Club website for new notifications.
Rules for BSC Meetup Event
* Helmets are required.
* Participants must be 18 or over.
* To participate in a BSC Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BSC Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
*All participants must be capable of skiing at the level indicated in the event announcement.
* If a participant is not comfortable with a specific run or route taken by the group, the participant shall notify the leader and take an alternate route that is appropriate for his or her skill level.
*A participant may inadvertently get separated from the group and must be capable of skiing independently if necessary.
*Skiing may be significantly impacted by changing weather conditions (rain, wind, reduced visibility). Participants must monitor activities for cancellations or changes. If the weather conditions are bad on the day of the scheduled meetup, the meetup may be cancelled. If the event is cancelled due to poor weather, a message will be posted on the morning of the meetup by 7:30 a.m.
* Participants must be ready to start skiing with the group at the Meetup time. If your plans change, please cancel from the Meetup event so the group is not waiting for you.
Release and Liability Waiver/Assumption of Risk
SPORT PARTICIPANT RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Please read and be certain you understand the implications of signing.
Express Assumption of Risk Associated with Sport, Venue Use and Related Activities.
I, Bend Ski Club member/non members, do hereby affirm and acknowledge that I have been fully informed of the inherent hazards and risks associated with Bend Ski Club and Bend Ski Club activities, transportation of equipment related to the activities, and traveling to and from activity sites in which I am about to engage. Inherent hazards and risks include but are not limited to:
1. Risk of injury from the activity and equipment utilized is significant including the potential for broken bones, severe injuries to the head, neck, and back or other bodily injuries that my result in permanent disability and death.
2. Possible equipment failure and/or malfunction or misuse of my own or others’ equipment.
3. I AGREE THAT I WILL WEAR APPROVED PROTECTIVE GEAR AS DECREED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE SPORT I AM PARTICIPATING IN. However, protective gear cannot guarantee the participant’s safety. I further agree that no helmet can protect the wearer against all potential head injuries or prevent injury to the wearer’s face, neck or spinal cord.
4. Variation and/or steepness of terrain, variation or changes in surfaces including but not limited to snow surfaces, ice, bare spots, rocks, stumps, debris, cliffs, trees, fences, posts, trees, light poles, signs, buildings, roads, walkways, ramps, rails, stairs, pyramids, manual pads, bowls, half-pipes, jumps, padded and non padded barriers, other persons, and other natural and man-made hazards.
5. My own negligence and/or the negligence of others, including but not limited to operator error and guide decision making including misjudging terrain, weather, riding surfaces or other obstacles.
6. Exposure to the elements and temperature extremes may result if frost nip, frost bite, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, sunburn, hypothermia and dehydration.
7. Dangers associated with exposure to natural elements include but are not limited to avalanche, rock fall, inclement weather, thunder and lighting, severe and or varied wind, temperature and other weather conditions.
8. Accidents or illness occurring in remote places where there are no available medical facilities.
9. Fatigue, exhaustion, chill, and/or dizziness, which may diminish my/our reaction time and increase the risk of accident.
10. Impact or collision with other athletes, spectators, facility employees, pedestrians, motor vehicles, and cyclists.
*I understand the description of these risks is not complete and unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury, illness, or death.
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the above described activity(ies) and related activities, I hereby agree, acknowledge and appreciate that:
I HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, the following named persons or entities, herein referred to as releasees, Bend Ski Club.
To release the releasees, their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, and volunteers from liability and responsibility whatsoever and for any claims or causes of action that I, my estate, heirs, survivors, executors, or assigns may have for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death arising from the above activities whether caused by active or passive negligence of the releasees or otherwise. By executing this document, I agree to hold the releasees harmless and indemnify them in conjunction with any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of my engaging in the above activities. By entering into this Agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the releasees, other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
This agreement shall apply to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property occurring at any time after the execution of this agreement. This release shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provision of this release is found to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be enforceable.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP LEGAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Signature of Adult Participant Name of Adult Participant(Please Print) Date
# Note: The Bend Ski Club and the Bend Ski Club Meetup are two distinct and separate groups. In order to be a Bend Ski Club member in good standing you must file a formal application and be current in your dues payment. Applications to join the club are available on the website at www.bendskiclub.net.