* Does your next app need municipal data?
* Do have a mobile app that will change the way New Yorkers navigate though the city?
* Do you want to become a vendor for NYC?
* Are you ready to help NYC join the 21st Century?
If you answer is yes to any one of those questions, you MUST attend BigAppsDevCamp.
Believe it or not, New York City is in the process of opening a bunch of data set so we can develop Web apps, iPhone/Android/Mobile apps, and other amazing things! BUT before they open any data, we have to respond to an "RFEI"--in other words, tell them what and how we are going to use their data. The deadline is September 1, just a week and a half away!
This Saturday (8/22), members of the OpenGov NYC meetup < http://bk.ly/mU... (http://bk.ly/mU) > will be hosting a workshop to help you navigate this complex process. Come this Saturday to plug into the following...
* Why the city is RFPI (http://www.nycedc.com/ProjectsOpportunities/RFPsRFQsRFEIs/Pages/Opportunity48_PC.aspx)'ing this process and how to format your proposal.
* How you can make money by coordinating future Big Apps campaigns (http://www.nycedc.com/ProjectsOpportunities/RFPsRFQsRFEIs/Pages/Opportunity49_PC.aspx).
* Brainstorm ideas for apps with other developers and city dwellers.
* How your app can change the city.
If you can't attend this and still want to participate, add your idea to Apps for Democracy's NYC BIG APPS Ideas board < http://bk.ly/mP... (http://bk.ly/mP) > or help us promote via twitter and the #BigApps hashtag. A raw data dump of the NYC Big Apps Ideas content can be downloaded here. < http://barcamp.org/f/... (http://barcamp.org/f/uservoice-ideas-bigapps.xls) >
Saturday, 22 Aug from Noon to 5 pm.
The Change You Want to See (http://thechangeyouwanttosee.com/), 84 Havemeyer St, Brooklyn, RSVP here or at < http://barcamp.org/Bi... (http://barcamp.org/BigAppsDevCamp) >.
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of the two organizers.
* Noel Hidalgo - [masked] - cell [masked]
* Matthew Burton - [masked] - cell [masked]