Pace: 20+ mph end of ride average
Terrain: 3 Short Steep Hills & lots of flat.
Elevation Gain: 1,710 ft. Max Grade: 6%
Traffic: Heavy on Houghton with shoulder
Ride Type: Training no regroups!
Come join GABA a week early but let's get started for 10 weeks of training for El Tour de Tucson. This is designed for those that want to finish 100 mile El Tour in under 5 hrs. Meet at West end of Udall Park with wheels rolling at 6:00am. Doing Freeman & Pistol hills on this route. Please print out your own cue sheet! Please look at the slower ride in case you get dropped you might connect with the other group!!!
• Appropriate food and water for about 2 to 3 hours.
• Bring a spare tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times.
• Obey all traffic laws and remember you're a representative of the greater cycling community.
• Social- No Drop- We ride together two abreast where conditions permit.
• Re Group- We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route.
• Training Ride- The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient.
Please select a ride where you are confident and that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12 mph