• Pace: 13-14 mph for approximately 21 miles
• Terrain: Flat to a 3 mile climb with up to 5% grade
• Elevation Gain: +813 / -825 ft
• Traffic: Very Light (at the time of the morning we'll be riding).
• Ride Type: Social - No Drop
• Route: Link to cue sheet with map (https://www.civitas.cc/file/pdf/CivitasSeries21miCueMap.pdf) (pdf)
Map Link: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17150999
Parking: During weekends, most parking garages and lots on the University of Arizona campus offer free parking. Most spaces on University Boulevard do not require payment during the weekends.
This will be a small social ride of just over 21 miles at a C pace (13 to 14 miles per hour) over asphalt. We'll regroup as needed and no one will be left behind. We'll get our wheels rolling by 6:15. Bring lots of water and hydrate before you leave the house. Morning coffee to follow at Woops! BakeShop (https://www.yelp.com/biz/woops-bakeshop-tucson-4) those who desire.
Ride Coordinator: Matt Harmon @ [masked]
• Food & fluids for 2 hours - 2 24oz Bottles or Hydration Pack.
• Bring a tube/patch kit and a way to inflate.
• Be sure your bike is in good mechanical condition.
• CPSC approved helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a safety requirement; not a request.
If you are riding on this ride I ask that you agree that:
• You will obey traffic laws. Drive your bike as you would your car.
• You are a representative of the greater cycling community and will therefore conduct yourself appropriately.
• You will represent GABA well.
• While on the Loop, you will respect others on the Loop. You will take care when passing pedestrians and other cyclists: ring your bell or call out "Passing" or "Good morning!" before passing
• This is not a "training" or "intensive" ride - this is a social, no drop, base building ride.
• If any of these standards are unclear to you, that you will ask for clarification.
GABA Ride Types:
• Social – No Drop: we ride together two abreast where conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group: We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride: The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
When you are looking for a different pace or distance, contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride.
GABA Ride Codes:
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep