• Pace: Typical cruising speed about 12 mph, with lots of stops along the way
• Terrain: 460' gain
• Start Time: Arrive by 6:15 am for sign-in and ride overview; wheels rolling at 6:30.
• Ride Type: Social/No Drop
• Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/19062660
• Ride Coordinator : Bennett Burke[masked]
• Ride Description: "Cruz" down a river path loop on a leisurely ride with lots of stops for brief talks about Tucson history, culture, geography, and flora and fauna, with a former Arizona living history reenactor, trail guide, desert survival instructor, and Director of Ambulance and Rescue Services for the White Mountain Apache Tribe. We'll make stops at the base of Sentinel Peak (A Mountain - come on the ride and learn the original Native American name), at the Mercado de San Augustin, then to Julian Archaeological Park. We'll return up the other side of the river with a few short stops that highlight the Sonoran Desert and beautiful mountain views, as well as a visit to the Loop Bicycle Shop.
• Appropriate food & fluids for about 3 hours.
• A tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road.
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
GABA Ride Codes:
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep