Pace: 20+ mph end of ride average
Terrain: A few hills, lots of flats, and downhills
Elevation Gain: 2,930 ft. Max Grade: 8%(Sunrise& Craycroft)
Traffic: heavy with shoulders
Ride Type: Training ride
Join GABA for week #6 at the West end of Udall Park at 6:30am. Doing a route that follows El Tour with a few exceptions.Please look at the shorter route in case you get dropped you might be able to connect with the other group. This ride is designed for those wanting to do the El Tour long route in under 5 hrs. Please print out your own cue sheet.
• Appropriate food and water for about 2 to 3 hours.
• Bring a spare tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times.
• Obey all traffic laws and remember you're a representative of the greater cycling community.
• Social- No Drop- We ride together two abreast where conditions permit.
• Re Group- We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route.
• Training Ride- The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient.
Please select a ride where you are confident and that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12 mph
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep