Pace: End of ride average about 16-18mph, many hills on this ride, 2500' elevation gain. More than half of this ride will follow the tour route through the foothills and northwest. This is a training ride so if you find yourself on your own please know the route, print your own cue sheet or follow on your cell phone. There are several convenience stores along the way if you need a break.
We depart the Mercado south to 22nd street via S. Grande. Head east on 22nd to Kolb, turn left onto Kolb to Sabino Canyon rd. and left on Sunrise to Skyline to Oracle. Right on Oracle to Vistoso and a right onto Moore. Ride west on Moore to Dove Mt. turn left and descend to Silverbell. Turn left onto Silverbell and ride south to Sweetwater. Turn right and climb Sweetwater to Camino de Oeste, veer left and ride south to Speedway, turn left and ride east for a short distance to Anklam and veer right. Ride Anklam to Silverbell, turn right and proceed to Congress and the Mercado.
• Appropriate food & fluids for about 3-4 hours.
• Bring a tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road. Please represent us well.
GABA Ride Types
• Social – No Drop – we ride together two abreast where conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group – We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride – The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient.
GABA Ride Codes
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 15-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12 mph
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep