More training along the El Tour route... 16-20 mph end of ride average, hilly terrain with 2600' of elevation. Good time to practice fluid and food nourishment along the ride...avoid the Bonk!
We will head south on Grande, east on 22nd to Kolb, turn right. Ride to Irvington and turn left to ride the east, north and west portions of the El Tour route.
There will be no planned regrouping, ride with others of similar pace just like you would during the El Tour. There are many places to find restroom and water stops.
Please print your own cue sheet or use your mobile device.
• Appropriate food & fluids for 3 to 4 hours.
• A tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road.
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
GABA Ride Codes:
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep