• Pace: 12-14 for 23 miles
• Terrain: Flat
• Elevation Gain: 375ft
• Traffic: Very Light
• Ride Type: Social - No Drop
• Route: Crossroads Coffee Shop, Woodland, Tanque Verde, 49r's Country Club to the east end of Speedway and then a loop back.
Map Link: Horses to Horses Ride (https://ridewithgps.com/routes/13625985)
Parking: Large parking lot, please park near Tanque Verde away from the Shop
We'll start at the Crossroads Coffee Company, loop around Woodland to see the horses, then east on Tanque Verde to the 49r's. Then we'll wind our way through 49r's and go out the back way to the country part of Speedway and continue east to more horses where we'll take a short break before turning around and following the same route back.
This will be a social ride of 23 miles at a C- pace (which means, on this ride, about 13 mph average) over flat roads. We'll regroup as needed and no one will be left behind due to a mechanical problem. Come early for coffee or lemonade then we'll get our wheels rolling at 7:30.
Options for coffee before and after at the Crossroads Coffee Shop.
Ride Coordinator: Bruce Tucker @ (520)[masked]
• Food & fluids for 2 hours - 2 24oz Bottles or Hydration Pack.
• Bring a tube/GABA patch kit and a way to inflate.
• Be sure your bike is in good mechanical condition.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a safety requirement; not a request.
• Obey traffic laws. Drive your bike as you would your car.
• You are a representative of the greater cycling community and should therefore conduct yourself appropriately.
• Please represent GABA well.
GABA Ride Types:
• Social – No Drop: we ride together two abreast where
conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group: We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and
regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride: The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
When you are looking for a different pace or distance, contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes:
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep