Columbus to Campbell, the Long Way: C+ / 2 / 28
• Pace: 14-16 mph end-of-ride rolling average
• Terrain: 620' gain
• Start Time: Arrive by 7:45 am for sign-in and ride overview; wheels rolling at 8:00
• Ride Type: Regroup: We'll stop at Café Luce for coffee (Campbell and the Rillito), then back. There will be no sweep, so plan accordingly by reviewing the route and printing a cue sheet if necessary.
• Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26440731
• Ride Coordinator : Bennett Burke 520-560-5397
• Ride Description: From Columbus Park, we'll head north to the CDO, northwest to La Canada, south to the Rillito, east to Campbell, then back to the park.
• Appropriate food & fluids for 2 to 3 hours.
• A tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road.
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
GABA Ride Codes:
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep