It has been a few months since we did this. So, today's ride will be a baseline for those that are tracking their cycling skills on Strava or some other App. We will continue these rides on the First and Third Thursdays next year. If you set any PR's while going around Saguaro National Park east you didn't do the hill repeats correctly :-)
We will meet at Starbucks, located at 9525 E. Old Spanish Trail, Tucson, AZ, the northeast corner of Harrison and Old Spanish Trail. Wheels rolling at 9:00 AM. We will ride east on 22nd, south on Malpomene, over to Freeman.
We will ride Freeman one too three times between Broadway and Old Spanish Trail at your own pace plus one loop of SNP.
For a map, cue sheet and elevation change see: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/22020317
This will be a self-paced ride covering 20-32 miles.
If you sign up for the ride and are running a couple of minute’s late call me on my cell[masked] and we will wait.
This is not a social ride, we are going to burn a few calories
Ride Coordinator: Bob Willman
• Food & fluids for 2 hours - 2 24oz Bottles or Hydration Pack.
• Bring a tube/patch kit and a way to inflate.
• Be sure your bike is in good mechanical condition.
• CPSC approved helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a safety requirement; not a request.
If you are riding on this ride I ask that you agree that:
• You will obey traffic laws. Drive your bike as you would your car.
• You are a representative of the greater cycling community and will therefore conduct yourself appropriately.
• You will represent GABA well.
• This is a "training" , base building ride.
• If any of these standards are unclear, you will ask for clarification.