This is a Women's Training Ride.
• Pace: 14 - 16 mph
• Terrain: Minor Hills
• Start Time: Wheels Rolling at 6:00 a.m.
• Ride Type: Training, Social, no -drop
• Distance: 35 miles
Ride Coordinator: Carolyn and Tanya
This is a women's ride to encourage every level of rider to feel more confident and improve their cycling skills. We do a different ride every week with a variety of start locations and times (summer usually around 6am and shifting back in winter – 9ish am). We are a solid C (12-16mph) group that does a variety of rides from recovery, interval training, climbing, social & everything in between with the focus of helping all our riders succeed – we usually regroup often and make sure everyone is good with the route and pace.
Oh yeah, every 3rd Thursday we let the boys join our fun and try to have a co-ed ride :-)
This week we'll be making a figure eight. We'll start at Baja Fresh, make our way to the bike path. We'll go up and around Rancho Vistoso, across Moore to La Canada, back to the bike path, then return to Baja Fresh for some breakfast.
Check your tire pressure and brakes; before each ride. ABC Quick checks.
• Appropriate food and water for about 2 to 3 hours.
• Bring a spare tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times.
• Obey all traffic laws and remember you're a representative of the greater cycling community. Ride Types:
• Social- No Drop- We ride together two abreast where conditions permit.
• Re Group- We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route.
• Training Ride- The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient.
Please select a ride where you are confident and that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12 mph
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep