CHANGE IN START LOCATION
We'll meet in the parking lot next to Viv's Cafe -Please park in the back to we don't take up spaces that could be used by her customers.
• Pace: 13-14 end of ride average for 30 miles
• Terrain: Mostly flat with a climb on Catalina up to Snyder on the way out and another climb on Melpomene on the way back. But a great downhill run on Catalina Highway as well.
• Elevation Gain: 867ft
• Traffic: Very Light
• Ride Type: Social - No Drop
• Route: Viv's Cafe, Woodland Loop, Catalina Highway to Snyder, to Soldier to 49r's Country Club to the east end of Speedway and then a loop back.
Map Link: Horses to Horses Plus Starting at Viv's Cafe - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32031688
Parking: Large parking lot behind Viv's Cafe near Tanque Verde and Catalina Highway
The Crossroads Coffee Shop has closed so we'll start at Viv's Cafe, take a quick spin on Woodland to say good morning to the horses, then go up Catalina Highway to Snyder, then down Snyder to Tanque Verde. From there we'll go east on Tanque Verde to the 49ers golf course, wind our way through it, and go out the back way to the country road stretch of Speedway. At Speedway, we'll go east to the rock where we'll take a short break before turning around. After our break, we'll follow the route back through 49ers - but go up Connestoga and Melpomenene to Catalina Highway and then fly down the hill. At the end of the ride we can have lunch at Viv's.
This will be a social ride of 30 miles at a C pace (which means, on this ride, about 13 mph average) . We'll regroup as needed and no one will be left behind due to a mechanical problem. Meet by 8:15 - wheels rolling at 8:30.
Ride Coordinator: Bruce Tucker @ (520)[masked]
• Food & fluids for 2 hours - 2 24oz Bottles or Hydration Pack.
• Bring a tube/GABA patch kit and a way to inflate.
• Be sure your bike is in good mechanical condition.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a safety requirement; not a request.
• Obey traffic laws. Drive your bike as you would your car.
• You are a representative of the greater cycling community and should therefore conduct yourself appropriately.
• Please represent GABA well.
GABA Ride Types:
• Social – No Drop: we ride together two abreast where
conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group: We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and
regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride: The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
When you are looking for a different pace or distance, contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes:
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep