To invite in, introduce, and get to know new local female friends in the same community. We are kind, respectful, and open-minded positive thinkers interested in socializing and connecting with other womyn. Enjoy being yourself with others who are open to receiving you and who you are.
WHO WE ARE
bisexual womyn, lesbians, and everything in-between
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
- butches and femmes - dykes - queer womyn - womyn who love other womyn / womyn interested in dating womyn - womyn who have always dated womyn - womyn who are just starting the process of discovering their attraction and interest in other womyn
Why do we spell womyn with a "y"?
It's "women" without "men" ;)
"I'm Looking for therapy, is this a support group?"
This is a social group :) If you are looking for support, we encourage you to visit the The Pride Center of New Jersey (http://www.pridecenter.org).
ABOUT THE LEADERSHIP TEAM:
Shana joined the BiLez meetup group in August 2012.
Renee join the BiLez meetup group in October 2011.
About our founder Lisa: Lisa created this group in 2008 to bridge the gap between the lesbian and bisexual communities. She believes we are under one roof as womyn who love womyn, so let's connect with one another, release judgments, enjoy each others company and get to know one another on a deeply personal level.
Lisa now lives in Portland, Oregon with her wife.
HELP SUPPORT THE GROUP:
Help keep us all connected by supporting this meetup. Every little bit helps:
- meetup.com fees - supplies and materials used at meetups
Any extra funds are used to support LifeTies, Inc. a non-profit in New Jersey dedicated to helping at risk youth, especially those within the LGBT community.
Normally I don't like rules but we have to have some to keep some order and to make the meetups better and better.
1. Come with your best self
2. Keep your RSVP up to date. If you RSVP'd yes, we save a place for your presence. If you have something last minute come up, please update your RSVP. If you have RSVP'd twice and do not show, we reserve the right to remove you from the group.
3. Please be kind and respectful towards others and their sexuality or lifestyle, if they choose to disclose it openly.
4. Tell a friend if you had a good time and bring them next time!