Our July 11 meeting features cloud security expert Marija Strazdas (https://twitter.com/alertlogic) who will explain the shared responsibility model of cloud computing and well as some key security concepts. In addition, we will host a talk (by Bill) on digging into some of the security features of Azure from within the portal.
Do *you* have any Azure security questions you'd like to ask? Feel free to post them as comments to this posting in Meetup ( https://www.meetup.com/bostonazure/events/239440704/) and we'll try to address them.
See you there!
• NERD @ One Memorial Drive, 1st floor
• Be sure to bring government-issued photo ID for admittance to the building
• 6:00 - 6:30 - Gather, grab a bite, socialize, and grab a BEER! Alert Logic is hosting in style, and has arranged to have bartender with beer to go along with pizza and soda.
• 6:30 - 7:15 - Featured talk by from cloud security expert Marija Strazdas from Alert Logic who will explain the shared responsibility model of cloud computing.
• 7:15 - 8:15 - Bill Wilder (https://twitter.com/codingoutloud) on Azure security features you can find in the portal - if you know where to look!
• 8:15 - 8:30 - Q&A, announcements
• 8:30 - ... - maybe get a social beverage locally
Featured Talk: Shared Security Responsibility in the Azure Cloud
Whether you’re working exclusively on Azure or with multiple cloud environments, there are certain things you should consider when moving assets to the public cloud. As with any cloud deployment, security is a top priority, and moving your workloads to the cloud does not mean you’re not responsible for the security of your operating system, applications and data. Building on the security of the Azure infrastructure, this shared security responsibility starts with making sure your Azure environment is secure.
In this session, we will discuss step-by-step what you need to do to secure access at the administrative, application and network layers. We will review:
• Latest cyber threats and best practices for how to protect your Azure environment
• The Azure Shared Security Model: What security you are responsible for to protect your content, application, systems and networks
• Understand how traditional security approaches may have limitations in the cloud
• Learn how to leverage security tools and services to meet your Azure security responsibilities
Marija Strazdas, Senior Solutions Engineer
Marija has over 15 years of experience in technology, spanning from data center & cloud infrastructure, to software development, to security and compliance, including DR architecture. Marija has worked as a Principal Architect in Managed Hosting at NaviSite, and as both a Tier 1 and Tier 3 Systems Engineer at Lucent, along with SE roles at Telcordia/Bell Labs and Mobilcom. This experience has allowed her to develop a deep understanding of business’ requirements of both security and availability, meshing perfectly with AlertLogic’s solutions and mission.