"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
NOTE: Season 2 will be led by Tim Le, Senior Percolator. This second season of AWS Snack will focus on learning Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Amazon is coming to town!
NOTE: AWS Snack, Season 3 will follow Season 2 and will focus on Getting Started with Alexa Voice Service (AVS).
The book we will use for Season 2 is the same we used for Season 1:
Learn Amazon Web Services in a Month of Lunches
David Clinton, author of our textbook, will be joining us to help answer the more challenging questions as they arise.
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
NOTE: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
• Each participant obtains a copy of the same textbook: Learn Amazon Web Services in a Month of Lunches
• Each participant commits to read one chapter per week, complete the exercises and post links to your completed work.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each chapter. Each participant will receive feedback, as well as, a weekly group e-mail update.
Once you have access to the book, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
You DO NOT need to live in the Boston area to participate.
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for AWS Snack, Season 2. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Obtain a copy of Learn Amazon Web Services in a Month of Lunches (the only program cost). Manning Publications has graciously allowed Boston PHP members to purchase products at a 36% discount. Just enter "ug367" in the Promotional Code box when you check out at manning.com.
When your book arrives, start your virtual learning by reading one chapter at a time, completing the exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 21 chapters plus one appendix in the book starting on a date to be determined.
Q: Do I have to wait until to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain a copy of your book. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself: AWS Snack, Season 2 message board once you receive your book so that we can gauge commitment and participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: Do I have to live in Boston to participate?
A: Not at all. This program is virtual. We have successful graduates from many states and even have graduates from countries in Europe and Africa.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below and you will receive a response.
Invite your techie friends and co-workers to join in the fun.
Let's start snacking!