What we’re about
The Home of AI in the Midlands.
A place for AI and Machine Learning boffins and get together and discuss how we're using Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, AI Planning, Clustering, Reinforcement Learning etc to change the way our companies do business, invent new products, enhance existing ones or just make things work better.
If you're using AI / ML at work, are studying it at Uni or online, or have read (or written!) an interesting paper recently, come along and tell us about it!
Check out our new website, all BrumAI links on here (incl our Slack community, twitter, LinkedIn) https://linktr.ee/brumai
Upcoming events (1)See all
- brum.ai March 2024 - AccentureAccenture Song (formerly Spark44), Birmingham
March 2024 - in-person @Accenture Birmingham (previously InfinityWorks)
We are very excited to start the year and this event will be hosted by the team at Accenture, once you RSVP you can see Location. Its an opportunity to connect with entrepreneurs, researchers, people in academia, students, engineers, AI boffins, and like-minded individuals. So bring your friends and co-workers, grab a drink and have loads of pizza! 🍕
RSVPs close Tuesday, March 5, 2024 10:00 AM
18:15 Pizza and drinks
19:00 Tom Ormsby
19:30 Arsh Chowdhry
19:45 Break 5mins
19:50 Discussion with Dr Anandhi Vivek - hear from others in the brumai community
20:20 Any other business and close.
- Tom Ormsby - 📙 Federated Learning
- Arsh Chowdhry - 🎯 Discovering Trade-offs between Fairness and Accuracy in ML systems: A Multi-objective approach
- Anandhi Dhukaram - Discussion - ⭐ The EU AI Act: What are the potential challenges and opportunities associated with navigating the EU AI Act's regulations, and how can the business ideas in Birmingham and beyond prepare?
Tom is founder and CEO of Raiven, an A.I. start up focused on making innovation responsible, accessible and impactful. Tom has worked with numerous large clients on Data Science projects, and completed an MSc. in Artificial Intelligence at Utrecht University, with a particular research focus in Knowledge Engineering and Recommendation Systems.
Arsh Chowdhry - Arsh is a researcher working in the Trustworthy AI Lab at Ontario Tech University. His research interests lie in the intersection between society and Artificial Intelligence, with a particular focus on trustworthiness and fairness in AI systems.
Dr Anandhi Dhukaram
As a seasoned professional with over 20 years of experience in research, technology, and global business, with a PhD in cognitive systems engineering, Dr Anandhi specialises in driving human-centric responsible AI cultures across industries.
Throughout her career, she has witnessed firsthand the transformative power of artificial intelligence (AI) when harnessed responsibly. Her mission is to bridge the gap between AI technology and organisational readiness, ensuring businesses of all sizes can seize the opportunities and leverage AI effectively.
Through tailored AI literacy programs and as an EU AI Act compliance strategist, she aims to equip teams with the critical thinking and technical proficiency necessary to navigate the regulatory complexities of AI confidently.
Personal Page: https://anandhiv.com
Follow Me on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/anandhi-vivek-dhukaram
Founder of Esdha: www.esdha.com
- ⭐ The EU AI Act: What are the potential challenges and opportunities associated with navigating the EU AI Act's regulations, and how can the businesses in Birmingham and beyond prepare? Join Us for a Community Discussion led by Dr Anandhi Dhukaram
- EU AI Act isn't just for the EU. Legal experts are warning that most organisations will look to the proposed EU AI Act as a means of complying with UK regimes. With its enforcement, companies are compelled to navigate compliance requirements, ultimately safeguarding both society and their own interests.
- As we delve into the intricacies of this groundbreaking regulation, we invite you to join our upcoming session focused on exploring low-risk AI applications as outlined by the EU. This discussion presents an invaluable opportunity for community members to exchange insights, voice concerns, and glean knowledge from one another.
Don't miss out on this enlightening conversation—your participation matters
Also, online version (beta) parallel event will be available. We will try to broadcast the event with sufficient sound and video quality, this is a (beta) service and depends on the availability of our crew on the evening.
Online joining details - from 18:30
Wednesday, 19 March · 19:00 – 20:00
Video call link: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 864 8839 5568
In-person spaces are restricted, please only book if you can attend!
It will feel really good to have a full room so please don't reserve a seat unless you are coming, the event is in-person.
Please update your RSVP if something changes, you may be preventing someone else from attending if there are no-shows.
Optional, wear a mask! No problem if you do.
Capacity is restricted preventing overcrowding.