What we’re about
The Miami & Erie Canal - Buckeye Trail is the Meetup for those who live near or along the St. Mary's, Delphos and Defiance sections of the Buckeye Trail (North of Dayton to South of Toledo) along the historic Miami & Erie Canal Towpath and Maumee River. This segment passes through many historic canal towns from Piqua to Waterville, across the front lines of the War of 1812, and into the Great Black Swamp region. This meetup supports the Buckeye Trail and the Miami & Erie Canal Corridor Association (MECCA) through hiking, backpacking, local history and volunteer events. Please RSVP for an upcoming gathering!
Upcoming events (2)See all
- Cabin Fever Hike Series - Spring Forward HikeNoble Township Community Center, St Marys, OH
Spring Forward with Heritage Trails Park District!
Join us on Sunday, March 10th with an early springtime hike along the Miami Erie Canal Towpath Trail.
Meet at Noble Township Hall, located at 16586 CR 66A, just north of St. Marys anytime from 1pm-3pm.
The St. Marys Area Resource Team will be on-hand to greet participants and hand out trail mix to enjoy while you hike!
Register for the 'Road to Fitness' program with Grand Lake Health Systems and earn points to win cool prizes! Bring the whole family! Pets on a leash are welcome as well. Lose your cabin fever by getting outdoors & seeing the first signs of spring along the canal towpath... Hope to see you all there!
Additional hikes to follow for the 2024 Cabin Fever Hike Series are:
-April 14th at Noble Township Hall
Mark your calendar and invite a friend to go on a monthly hike with you!
The 2024 Cabin Fever Hike Series is sponsored by Heritage Trails Park District, Grand Lake Health System, Miami Erie Canal Corridor Association and St. Marys Area Resource Team.
- Network event3 attendees from 10 groups hostingBTA MorelfestBTA Beall Farmstead and Barn , Cadiz, OH
May 3‐5, 2024
Morelfest is the Muskingum Lake Chapter's signature event held every spring at the BTA Beall Farmstead and Century Barn in Deersville, OH. Join us a weekend-long celebration dedicated to the morel mushroom, featuring guided and solo foraging hikes, live music, campfires, potluck meals, and various outdoor activities. All skill levels are welcome.
Registration for Morelfest is open: HERE
- Register for a weekend or day pass
- Camping is included in the weekend pass
- Guided hikes are only guaranteed for the first 50 registrants
- Date: May 3-5, 2024
- Location: BTA Beall Farmstead, 83949 Beall Rd Cadiz, OH 43907
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BTAMorelfest/
- Arrive at Noon
- Meet 'n greet at Beall barn at 7 PM for campers
- Explore and enjoy the surroundings
- 7:30 AM - Breakfast courtesy of the Deersville General Store
- 8:30 AM - Meet your hike leaders and hiking locations will be revealed
- 9:00 AM - Group hikes start departing from camp
- 5:00 PM - Potluck camp meal.
- Evening entertainment with live music starting at 7 PM
- Morning hikes (leaders may not be available)
- Gates close at 3 PM
- Primitive and RV camping
- No electricity at campsites
- Fires allowed in raised pits
- Bring your own camping essentials
Food and Activities:
- Breakfast provided by Deersville General Store
- Potluck camp meal at 5 PM on Saturday. Be sure to bring something to share with everyone
- Electric available for crackpots; refrigerators, stove, and microwave also available for use
- Bring your own plates, napkins, and cups; pack out your trash
- Outdoor games for daytime activities and sparklers and glow sticks for evening are welcome
Music: 7 PM music sponsored by Panhandle Cleaning and Restoration. Tuscarawas River Band performs until 10 PM, with a possible second band
Contact: The Morelfest team at firstname.lastname@example.org