Location visible to members
CNY’s Reception: Good Fortune on the Way
As seen on Chinese Zodiac calendar, 2014 is going to be the Year of the Horse. This will begin on the 31st of January 2014 and will end on the 18th February in 2015. The year would come with characteristics of adaptable, loyal, courageous, ambitious, intelligent, adventurous, and strong. The optimistic nature of the 2014 allows us to cope with financial hardship in the belief that good fortune will soon be on the way, while kind-hearted nature of the 2014 year provides us with supportive friends, ready to help us in difficulties just as we have helped them.
Together with Vardag, (http://www.vardags.com/) China Tiger Revival (http://www.chinatigerrevival.org.uk/), InVigor Communications (http://www.invigorcommunications.co.uk/), CBSN (http://www.cbsn.org.uk) invite all of our members to join us to celebrate the coming of the Horse Year at the Chinese New Year’s Reception: Good Fortune on the Way.
In addition to drinks and canapés while networking with business people, investors, professionals, academia and artists at the Oxford & Cambridge Club (http://oxfordandcambridgeclub.co.uk/), one of the UK's most impressive club and in the atmosphere of celebrating Chinese New Year, some well-known Chinese and British artists will also join us with performance of their talents and skills.
6:30pm: Registration and drinks upon arrival
7:30pm- 7:45pm: Music & Shows
7:45pm – 8:15pm: Speeches, Q & A
8:15pm – 8:30pm: Music & Shows
8:30pm – 9:30pm: Drinks, Canapés and networking
Come and join us to celebrate the coming of Horse Year and to meet with people who may bring good fortune for you in the Horse Year.
Due to the place limitation, only limited places are available for CBSN Members. To avoid disappointment, please RSVP as soon as possible.
Grace and CBSN Volunteer Team
Special thanks to :
- Speaker : Ms. Li Quan (全莉)
With a BA from Beijing University and MBA from Wharton Business School, Li initiated the world’s first Tiger Rewilding project in 2001, and has spoken at various international conferences on her ground-breaking experiment to save the Chinese Tiger and drawing on her experience of more than ten years of successful South China Tiger rewilding and breeding. Read more: http://www.chinatigerrevival.org.uk/tiger-news/charity-news/
- Speaker : Ms Ayesha Vardag
As Chairman of Vardags, Ayesha was billed as ‘Britain’s top divorce lawyer’ by the Law Society, the Guardian, the Telegraph and New York’s prestigious Huffington Post. She is one of only a handful of family lawyers to receive the Times’ accolade “Lawyer of the Week”. The Evening Standard called her ‘one of the star lawyers turning London into the divorce capital of the world’, while Easy Living Magazine March 2012 featured her as ‘The Diva of Divorce’. She rose to fame for winning the landmark Supreme Court case of Radmacher, changing the law on prenuptial agreements and is now sought after by everyone from Arabian princesses, sports stars and businessmen and women to handle their family matters. Read more: http://www.vardags.com/vardags-team/ayesha-vardag#ixzz2pFdhh7E7
- Gift sponsor Oriental Food Express （ 功夫食品） (http://orientalfoodexpress.co.uk/1.html):
- Tai Chi Performer Mr. Youzhong Wu : Tai Chi Master and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Doctor. Specialized in using Tai Chi and Medical Qigong in the rehabilitation process of preventing and curing diseases. Master’s degree in Diagnosis of TCM, Bachelor Degree in Western Medicine, Bachelor Degree in Chinese Medicine.
- Chinese classical dance performer Miss Coco Fang, experienced Chinese dancer, choreographer and teacher. She achieved her degree at the Beijing Dance Academy and Middlesex University in London. She will be performing a traditional Chinese classical dance originated from the Qing Dynasty, called ‘Jing Hong Dance (惊鸿舞）’
- Opera Performer: Ms Susan Nataly, Soprano , gained a reputation as a lyric coloratura with warmth of tone and wonderful flexibility, combined with expression and connection with her audiences both in opera and concert. Sings extensively in opera and concert in the UK, Spain, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, and Israel. Trained at Redbridge Music School, London College of Music, Jerusalem Rubin Academy of Music and with Andrew Field, Audrey Langford, Geoffrey Burford. More details on Susan : http://www.susannataly.com
- Poem reader Ms, Anna Chen: poet, writer, performer and broadcaster, “Charming, witty and sophisticated.”(THE SUNDAY TIMES) . Anna has made groundbreaking programmes for BBC Radio 3 and 4 including the ten-part series, Chinese In Britain. She has written for the Guardian, the South China Morning Post, New Internationalist magazine, and Tribune, and has been shortlisted for the Orwell Prize. She was born and raised in East London to a Chinese father and an English mother. The second series of her programme — Madam Miaow's Cultural Lounge — starts on Resonance FM in March 2014. More details about Anna : www.annachen.co.uk
- Chinese folk singer Miss Chen WANG:
Chen has performed widely in Britain and Europe after completing her postgraduate studies at the Royal Academy of Music. She has established herself as a dynamic and versatile musician. As a successful soloist she has performed in various events, such as “XXIV Festival International of Music ” , and has been giving and involved in fund-raising concerts for charities throughout these years such as disable children in Bosnia, the earthquake in the south of China, HIV, orphan and widows in Uganda, CARE, Compassion UK, the Handicapped Children in Israel and Stop the traffick and A21. She also gives concerts in Zermatt in February for 3 years in Switzerland which supported by ICS (Intercontinental Church Society). She is lately figuring on BBC ‘Songs of Praise’. The programme will be on BBC1 on Sunday, 2nd Feb in celebration of Chinese New Year. Chen will give two Chinese folk songs on the day: Tarim River and Qinghai-Tibet Plateau
* Please be aware details of the programme are subject to change