- Mastering Dirac Notation for Quantum Computing and Quantum PhysicsLink visible for attendees
Step by step explanation of how Dirac notation verifies that teleportation is real. Complex numbers, state vectors and Hilbert space from the ground up. The equations may be viewed or downloaded from https://quantumphysicscorp-references.s3.amazonaws.com/teleportation-Dirac.pdf
- Quantum Harmonic Oscillator with TunnelingLink visible for attendees
Anna presents two solutions to the quantum harmonic oscillator problem: an algebraic solution based on Dirac's operators and a brute-force power series solution of Schrodinger's equation. The latter, or equivalent background, is prerequisite for understanding the hydrogen atom solution that ushered in quantum mechanics in the early 1930s, which will be a topic presented in the new year.
- Philosophy of Applied MathematicsLink visible for attendees
To kick off the new year, let's discuss these and related questions:
- Regarding infinity, does its established role in physics leave any unanswered questions about the status of the concept? What are they?
- Is computation essentially a physical process?
- What might be the contribution of experimental investigation to answering questions about the philosophy of mathematics?
- What is the future of mathematics?