Welcome to our 31st Transbelief Dialogue & Nature Walk, where we follow Aristotle's path of peripatetically discussing our differences. It's been called "Mindwalk + My Dinner with Andre!" This time, our Nature Walk will be at our old Richfield favorite birding and hiking spot, Wood Lake! We'll meet in front of the Wood Lake Nature Center at 2:00pm Sunday, May 26. After discussing our topic of the month at our walk-n-talk, we'll head west on 66th to Penn, to eat Mediterranean at Aida!
This Meetup is part of our group's recurring forum, The Dialogium, for facilitative, reasoning dialogue between FMCOR's very different folks!
And here's the topic for our Dialogium 31 (suggested by FMCOR member Georginator!) :
As we stroll Wood Lake we'll tackle these issues:
- Is tribalism biological?
- If so, what evolutionary advantage did it give our caveman ancestors?
- If not, why does it persist in our species?
- Do we need tribalism today, or is it "Modern Man's Bane?"
- What is the role of religion in tribalism?
- Are atheists free of tribalism? Are "Nones"? Are "UUers"?
- What causes political tribalism?
- Is tribalism good or bad, or potentially both?
- How is tribalism countered?
- What's caused our welcoming immigrants into America but not Europe?
- Is tribalism a "man" thing?
- What would the world be like if we shunned tribal thinking?
- What would the world be like if we enforced tribal thinking?
Don't miss FMCOR's Dialogium 31, on Sunday, May 26, 2-4pm, to tell us how YOU see the Role of theism, atheism, politics, and human biology in the prevalence of TRIBALISM!
Logistics: Let us know when you RSVP if you need a carpool ride.
After our 2:00-4:00 p.m. Walk-n-Talk, those who've worked up an appetite (or need to warm up) will join us west of the lake on 66th and Penn, at Aida for Mediterranean after-dinner (with Gluten-Free and Vegan options)!
Invite your friends for our Walk & Talk -- the more different we are, the more enlightening our conversation!
Hoping to see (and hear!) you at our Dialogium 31 on "Tribalism!" -- RSVP "Yes" today!
(When you RSVP, please tell us: 1) If you want a carpool ride to and from our Meetup & Dinner; 2) If you need monetary assistance to attend our after-dinner; and 3) If you have suggestions for a question you'd like FMCOR to discuss at a later Dialogium.