Build Your First Android App for the Google Play Store is a course which aids you in getting a Android app into the Google Play Store. At the end of this class, students will actually deploy their own version of the class project app, Coffee Finder to the Play Store.
Having your own app in the Google Play store is the dream of most Android developers and a great plus to your resume when looking for a developer position. However getting started and making this dream a reality without proper instruction is difficult and time consuming. This class focuses on making this dream a reality.
Date: May 10 & 17
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: ITT Technical Institute
2555 West 190th Street, Torrance
This course is current to Android 4.3
In this comprehensive 13 hour course, Senior Software Engineer (https://www.linkedin.com/search?search=&title=Senior+Software+Engineer&sortCriteria=R&keepFacets=true¤tTitle=CP&trk=prof-exp-title) and professional technical trainer Troy Miles will put students on the fast track to creating their own Android mobile application and preparing it for publishing to the Google Play Store.
This hands-on course conveys the fundamental skills necessary to deploy Android Apps on mobile devices such as phones and tablets. Attendees will be trained through a series of labs and instructor led learning activities. Previous Java programming knowledge is not essential, but basic programming experience is required. Java code used in the exercises is fully explained.
• Understand the Android OS architecture.
• Install and use appropriate tools for Android development, including IDE, device emulator, and profiling tools.
• Understand the Android application architecture, including the roles of the task stack, activities, and services.
• Build user interfaces with fragments, views, form widgets, text input, lists, tables, and more.
• Present menus via the Android action bar and handle menu selections.
• Accessing data from external storage locations.
• Support user-specific preferences using the Android Preferences API.
• Deploying an app to the Google Play Store
Click here for full class outline (http://www.southbaymobileusergroup.com/documents/Android_Class.pdf)
(Deployment of the class project to the Google Play Store is NOT guaranteed due to time constraints, student abilities, Google Play Store restrictions and other possible factors.)
Android Training Materials
All attendees receive comprehensive class slides and related training documentation.
Each student must bring their own PC with a functioning WiFi connection. Prior experience with a scripting or programming language is required. Java skills are helpful but not required. Exprerience with the Android SDK and the Eclipse IDE is best.
About the Instructor