We are happy to announce the first in a series of ongoing online webinars - "Photoshop: From the Ground Up". This new series of online meetings will cover all major aspects of Photoshop, beginning with the basics.
Our first one, slated for September 23 at 5:45 pm PST, will introduce you to Photoshop, and walk you through the interface, tools and important foundational features.
Even if you are a seasoned Photoshop user, you will learn new things. This is the workflow and content Steve and Sally use to teach Photoshop regularly, both online and in the classroom. We will be taking full advantage of Adobe Flash technology and host our meeting with Adobe Connect Pro.
The meeting room is here: http://bit.ly/csaugOnlinePS
We will start promptly at 6:00 pm PST. You will want to log on 15 minutes early to make sure you can hear and see the meeting correctly. We will be using VOIP, so all you need is a strong internet connection (wifi not recommended)
Here's what we will cover in detail in "Photoshop: From the Ground Up - Part One":
• User Interface
• Basic Keyboard Shortcuts
• Terminology and basics concepts of image manipulation with Photoshop
Then, we will break into online "groups" and offer two sessions, for each of the following:
• Toolbar - review of the basic tools and how to use them
• History Panel - how and why to use this in your workflow
• Selections - choosing the right tool for each situation
• Layers - what are they, why you need to use them
• Working with Text - formatting and styling
• Layer Styles - creating and editing beautiful imagery
We strongly recommend you test your computer before attending:
Test your connection: http://adobechats.adobe.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/csaug
We will end with a Q&A session. Don't miss this one!