****NOTE**** This trail run is currently full! We will create a wait list for anyone interested and if we get 5+ additional runners interested, we will get another car. Please be sure to RSVP if you want to go and reach out to me (Eric Passmore) for updates. If you can make it up to the trail on your own you are also welcome to join.
Hey everyone! Our second run this year will bring us out the Sandyston NJ, where we will run a loop that crosses over part of the Appalachian Trail. As with all the runs in this series, we will have lunch at a local restaurant afterwards, followed by a fun activity (this time, axe throwing)! The full itinerary is below:
1. Meet at the corner of 58th and 8th Avenue at 8:00AM. We will pick up everyone there and drive out to the trailhead. If you have a car and drive others, we will cover your gas and tolls. Otherwise, please Venmo me (@Eric-Passmore) a $25 deposit for your spot in the car. I always aim to keep the cost around $25 total for transportation and will do my best to make sure we don’t exceed that limit, to a reasonable degree. Please be sure to be on time!
2. Once there, we will run the majority of the South Stokes Loop, which overlaps 3 different trails including the Appalachian Trail. This loop is approximately 10 miles with an add-on option of 2 miles and is rated a MODERATE trail run. All paces and levels of experience are welcome! For this run we will have team leaders assigned beforehand to navigate and make sure everyone stays together, as it is slightly more difficult to navigate than an average trail. For more information, see the trail here: https://www.trailrunproject.com/trail/7051237/south-stokes-loop
3. Once we are all done running, we will make our way to the Carriage House, a local restaurant that serves American style food at a reasonable price point. You can see the full menu here: http://nebula.wsimg.com/7e70356b57d87c6840dad6b1169146fa?AccessKeyId=DE026385411BB85AAF5E&disposition=0&alloworigin=1http://muscoottavern.com/lunch-menu-2-2/
4. After lunch, we will go to Bury the Hatchet Axe Throwing which has both drinks and Axes! This is very close to NYC and we should be able to find car arrangements that work for people who want to go straight back to the city.
5. We can head back once we are done with the farm, with a target arrival time back in NY around 5pm.