What we’re about
Are you a Data Platform Professional? This meetup is for you. We cover all things SQL Server in the Data Platform with local and international speakers covering topics from Basic to advanced. No topic is off the agenda.
We aim to provide you a one stop place for you to learn and expand your professional networking with like minded SQL Server Data Professionals.
Sign up now to join this new and expanding Meetup to learn and grow your professional network.
Code of Conduct
The Data Platform Downunder Meetup Group supports the diversity of our community. We strive to welcome different perspectives in a community where everyone feels respected and valued, and are committed to inclusion across race, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, geography, religion, identity, and experience.
Above all, we ask that all Data Platform Downunder members be kind to one another and conduct themselves respectfully, creating a positive experience for everyone involved.
• Be friendly and welcoming
• Listen with purpose and create space for others’ communication preferences.
• Ask yourself how you can make someone life easier.
• Be patient
• Remember that people have varying communication styles and preferences.
• Recognize that not everyone is using their native language. Meaning and tone can be lost in translation.
• Be thoughtful
• Think about how others will interpret your words. Aim for clear and productive communication.
• Remember that sometimes it is best to refrain from commenting.
• Be respectful and inclusive
• Respect differences of opinion.
• Seek to understand and build bridges, not condemn or criticize.
• Make a conscious effort to include people who differ from you.
• Be open and curious
• Assume good intent and interpret others’ statements or questions in good faith.
• Ask questions to understand, not denounce.
• Focus on continuous learning. Improve upon the things you already know, tackle new things, and ask others about their expertise to deepen your own knowledge.
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have concerns that this Code of Conduct is not being followed, notify us via the Meetup Group Email as soon as possible.
Data Platform Downunder reserves the right to bar any person who violates our Code of Conduct from attending any of our events in entirety or in part, and/or to cancel tickets of any person.
Upcoming events (1)See all
- Github Copilot in Azure Data StudioLink visible for attendees
Abstract: Maverick & Iceman were the perfect partners in the sky.
In this session we will have a look at why Azure Data Studio and GitHub Copilot can be your Maverick and Iceman combination to help make your day to day easier and more efficient.
The GitHub Copilot extension in Azure Data Studio is your AI pair programmer to help you be an even bigger rockstar.
We will look at 3 different languages inside of a single tool to show you how to get started.
Speaker: Warwick Rudd
Speaker Bio: Warwick Rudd is a Data Platform MVP, Microsoft Certified Master – SQL Server 2008, Founder and Principal Consultant at SQL Master Consulting. With 20+ years of experience beginning with the release of SQL Server 6.5, he has worked in both Australia and England from small start-ups to Multi-National Corporations. He is a frequent speaker at local SQL Server User Groups / Meetups & SQL Saturday events in Australia and New Zealand as well as many international in-person and remote presentations. When not playing with the SQL stack, Warwick likes to get away to the cold and spend time snowboarding.
• 12:15-12:30pm: Sign-in & network
• 12:30-12:35 pm: Announcements & Intro
• 12:35-1:35pm: Presentation
• 1:35-2:00pm: Q&A, wrap-up
Online. You must register for the link