What we’re about
Welcome to Denver Vegans!
We are here to celebrate the beautiful, compassionate, healthy and sustainable vegan lifestyle! Join our loving community of diverse vegans and vegans-in-transition. We welcome people of all ages and lifestyles.
Denver Vegans exists to:
• Build and sustain a strong, diverse and loving community for vegans of all ages and lifestyles.
• Teach non-vegans about the philosophical, nutritional and environmental aspects of the vegan lifestyle.
• Encourage and support those in transition from the animal-based diet to the vegan diet.
• Spread awareness about the plight of animals and to work for animal liberation.
• Inspire, encourage and sustain the individual to reach out to their local community for a sustainable and vegan world.
Are you curious about veganism, or do you wonder what vegans eat? Then please join us! We offer monthly potlucks, picnics, educational talks and seminars with topics ranging from vegan nutrition to environmental sustainability, restaurant outings, cooking and raw food demos, pizza night, trips to animal sanctuaries, outreach events, animal activism opportunities, volunteering events, book signings and book clubs, hikes and outdoor activities and much more!
Join us and get connected!
For the animals, for the people, for the planet, The Denver Vegans Leadership Team
Upcoming events (1)See all
- Vegan Holiday Party and PotluckRocky Mountain Miracle Center, Denver, CO
Join us for a vegan holiday potluck on Christmas day!
If you have no place to go, do not have family in town, or you just want to hang out with vegans, please join us! For those who are new to veganism, here is your chance to sample a vegan, cruelty-free holiday meal and get to know other vegans.
We will be having a potluck and an optional "white elephant" gift exchange. If you would like to participate in the gift exchange, please bring a gently-used, wrapped gift valued around $10.00 (in good condition). We will be playing a fun game with the gifts!
What to bring:
• A vegan holiday main dish, side dish, appetizer or dessert (ALL vegan please: no turkey, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy or honey) to serve at least 8, along with a recipe card or list of ingredients.
• Your own utensils and reusable place setting (please help us minimize waste!)
• $3.00 cash fee to cover our rental space (there will be an opportunity to pay via PayPal for those who do not carry cash).
• If participating in the gift exchange, a gently-used gift valued around $10.00 (see above)
We gather at 4:00 p.m. and eat at 4:30 p.m. Rocky Mountain Miracle Center is convenient by car from I-25, as well as accessible by RTD bus (Route #40) and light rail (Colorado Blvd. station).
We hope to see you there!