Arrive at Code Node from 6:30pm for talks starting at 7pm, followed by socialising in the Code Node Space Bar and then The Red Lion.
Please note: in order to attend, you need to be registered on Skills Matter too!
* Decomposing a Django monolith: 2 different approaches
by Lim Hoang
We have all heard, or even lived, this story before -- we had a greenfield project with an exciting business opportunity, so we chose Django with all of its batteries included to move fast and go to market quickly. Fortunately, things went very well, the business was booming and the company growing. Unfortunately, so was the operational and developmental complexity of our Django project. It’s a good problem to have, but a problem nonetheless. In this talk, I will discuss two different approaches to decomposing a Django monolith into multiple services.
* Django and Web Security Headers
by Adam Johnson
Web browsers support several HTTP headers to opt in to extra security features. I’ll explain then and show you how to get an A+ rating for these with the free checker SecurityHeaders.com, using built-in features and a few third-party packages.
* Lightening talk about Django Girls London 12th May 2019
by Gintare Urbone and Jamica Ortiz
This meetup is sponsored by:
• Mixcloud (https://www.mixcloud.com/)
• Festicket (https://festicket.workable.com/): "Europe's largest music festival platform, and UK's 6th fastest growing private tech start up.
Transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world."
• Time Out (https://timeout.com/): "The trusted global platform that inspires and enables people to experience the best of the city."
• Verve (https://verve.co): "We turn word of mouth into your best sales channel."