Our next Druid meetup will be held at Opendoor. We will be having 2 talks and a roadmap discussion.
1. Life at the Base of the Pyramid: Examining Data Engineering at Opendoor
Opendoor’s data team will show how they are using Pivot to gain insights into the complicated world of real estate data.
2. Query Time Lookups - Big Table to Small Table Hash Joins in Druid
Many optimizations in Druid come from the immutability of data. In production use-cases, there are a lot of data items which regularly change. Having the capacity to define a small mutable data set which can be joined to a large data set in Druid allows for greater flexibility in querying data stored in druid. Charles Allen, Ph. D., a Sr. Software Engineer at Metamarkets, will discuss the recent feature of Query Time Lookups as a means to solve the need to add mutable data in Druid.
3. Fangjin Yang will discuss Druid 0.9.2 and the upcoming roadmap.
1. Brian Bloniarz - data scientist
Mike Chen - data engineer
2. Charles Allen - Senior Software Engineer @ Metamarkets, Druid committer and PMC member
3. Fangjin Yang - Cofounder @ Imply, Druid committer and PMC member
6:30 - 7:00 -- People shuffle in, get food and beverage and talk
7:00 - 7:05 -- "Hi, Welcome to Druid Meetup Group" talk and introduction
7:05 - 7:25 -- First speakers
7:25 - 7:30 -- Q/A
7:30 - 7:50 -- Second speaker
7:50 - 7:55 -- Q/A
7:55 - 8:15 -- 0.9.2 and roadmap discussion
8:15 - 8:20 -- Q/A