Note: This event starts at 6:30pm (normally 6pm). The room is occupied until 6:30pm so please don't enter until then. This venue is different than last month's.
Welcome to the Drupal NYC monthly meetup!
Please join us on Wednesday, March 4th for our monthly Meetup for an evening of food, drinks, knowledge, and friendship in Tisch Hall classroom 201 on the campus of our generous venue sponsor, NYU Stern!
All are welcome to attend the Drupal NYC Meetup. At each meetup there will be one or more lightning talks and presentations as well as opportunities for new and old Drupalers to network, socialize, and get their Drupal questions answered.
You must enter your real name on the RSVP question (for building security) by 1pm on Wednesday, March 4th or your RSVP will be removed. Check-in opens at 6:30pm sharp (please don't arrive earlier). We look forward to seeing you!
• 6:30 - Check-in opens, socializing + pizza and drinks (generously sponsored by Pantheon)
• 7:00 - Announcements
• 7:15 - Who's hiring, who's looking?
• 7:20 - Presentations!
• 8:50 - Closing remarks, socializing + leftover pizza/drinks
• 9:15 - After party (location TBD)
Lightning Talk (TBD, original speaker out sick)
"Automatic Updates for Drupal: How we built a secure signing infrastructure" by Neil Drumm
In 2019, the Drupal Association led an initiative to bring Automatic Updates to Drupal. The first phase of that work is complete, and a major part of that work was implementing a secure signing infrastructure for the update services being delivered by Drupal.org. Join us for a presentation about the architecture of this infrastructure.
Neil Drumm (drupal.org/u/drumm) helps build Drupal.org as part of the Drupal Association’s Engineering team.
"The D8 Body Field: Embed All the Things!" by JD Leonard
In this talk, we'll use Drupal 8.8 and some key contrib modules to:
- Create a custom text format
- Customize Drupal's default WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) text editor
- Configure text format filters
- Configure media types
- Configure display modes (view modes and form modes) for embedded content
- Embed images, uploaded videos, YouTube videos, Twitter tweets, and Instagram posts
- Examine the Media Library view to understand how it works
- Further customize the media embedding experience with Entity Browsers and Inline Entity Form
This talk is most applicable for those new to Drupal 8.8's media management, but hopefully everyone will learn something new.
JD is a freelance Drupal consultant focused on the planning and development of complex web applications using Drupal through his one-man agency, Modern Biz Consulting. JD has been building sites with Drupal since 2006, most recently from his home just across the Hudson in Jersey City.
Have feedback for your volunteer organizers? We want to hear it: [masked]
Interested in sponsoring a future meetup? [masked]
Meanwhile, we are *always* looking for speakers! Volunteer to speak or request a topic: [masked]
Be sure to join Slack, our online community, at https://bit.ly/dnycjoinslack
Already joined? Sign in at https://drupalnyc.slack.com