It’s difficult to meet other people while caught up with our careers, in grad school, or while in job transition.
So instead of staying in, why not go out, meet new people, make new friends, try new things, and see new places?
This group is for professionals (single or not) living and/or working in the East Bay who would like to expand their circle of friends, have a good time socializing, appreciating good conversation, and enjoying the area.
• Establish friendships in a positive and supportive environment.*
• Organize safe and fun events where everyone feels welcome and comfortable.
• Connect with responsible hosts and attendees who show up to events for which they are signed up.
*Anyone found bullying or harassing other members in the online discussion forum or in person at events will be removed from the group.
Activities in this Meetup are mostly concentrated in the East Bay (Alameda, Berkeley, Concord, Dublin, Oakland, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek), but also venture into the City.
Our Meetups range from outdoor activities such as hiking, bbqs, sports lessons, and wine tasting to happy hours, dining out, and movies, as well as exploring local festivals, museums, theater, and live music.
If you have additional suggestions as to which types of activities we should schedule, please feel free to post in the Discussions forum.
If you have attended 5 or more events within 3 months, you are eligible to host your suggested event!
PLEASE READ OUR 3 EASY RULES : )
1. RSVP Policy: 3 'No Shows' to an event, and you are OUT! A 'No Show' constitutes as flaking right before the meetup or just not showing up, without informing the host ahead of time.
2. Profile photo and first name required: We have found that having a face to put with a name makes the group safer.**
**If you do not wish to post your photo, please contact the organizers and we will work with your special circumstances.
3. Donation/Fee: We may ask for a nominal donation/fee to be a member of this group in the future.
Why do we ask for a nominal donation/fee?
Meetup charges the Organizer $180/year to maintain the group (We do NOT work for Meetup and there is NO profit).
It also takes the Organizer a lot of time to create great events, make reservations, coordinate with business owners, secure venues, and make other accommodations.