What we're about
The Edmonton Microsoft Data Professionals User Group is a not-for-profit association that organizes events to promote knowledge sharing, to exchange ideas, and to unite Edmonton's SQL server and Azure Data professionals. Previously known as EDMPASS.
We welcome all IT professional's who work with and and are interested in learning about the Microsoft Data Platform and networking with other like minded individuals.
Our Code of Conduct:
Throughout each interaction:
- Be friendly and welcoming
- Listen with purpose and create space for others’ communication preferences.
- Ask yourself how you can make someone's life easier.
- Be patient
- Remember that people have varying communication styles and preferences.
- Recognize that not everyone is using their native language. Meaning and tone can be lost in translation.
- Be thoughtful
- Think about how others will interpret your words. Aim for clear and productive communication.
- Remember that sometimes it is best to refrain from commenting.
- Be respectful and inclusive
- Respect differences of opinion.
- Seek to understand and build bridges, not condemn or criticize.
- Make a conscious effort to include people who differ from you.
- Be open and curious
- Assume good intent and interpret others’ statements or questions in good faith.
- Ask questions to understand, not denounce.
- Focus on continuous learning. Improve upon the things you already know, tackle new things, and ask others about their expertise to deepen your own knowledge.