What we’re about
Like playing modern board or card games? This is the group for you!
Whether you’ve just tried Wingspan, regularly take a Ticket to Ride or are just looking for something a bit different than Clue, Monopoly or Risk, our meetups welcome all gamers. Join us online or in person at masks required and masks optional events!
At our in-person meetups you can play games across a wide selection of themes and interests; as a family, in a group or head to head. You can try one of this year’s nominees for the internationally recognized Games of the Year. Or join in playing many of the games from BoardGameGeek’s hot lists including casual/ family games and strategy games.
You can bring along a favourite game, or use the comments field to request a game you’d like to play. Another attendee may be able to bring and/or teach. Most of our events are presented by Game Hosts from our annual Convention FallCon (www.Fallcon.com). Hosts can help match you with great games and find other players.
**Online games** are scheduled and posted in the Meetup page. RSVP to make sure the host knows how many people are coming. Alternatively, you can join our Discord group here and take a look in the game-night-announcements and looking-for-a-game in the Lobby to see if anyone is planning or playing games.
We welcome you to our inclusive gaming community!
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- Tuesday Night Board Games at Under the Mountain GamesUnder the Mountain Games, calgary, AB
Join us at Under the Mountain Games for some board games every Tuesday evening at 6pm. Located in the Brentwood mall near Fresh Co. Bring your own games or play one of ours. Snacks and drinks available. Free parking but if you’re staying longer than 3 hours please register your plate with Jeremy.
- FallCon Presents: Wednesday Night Games OnlineLink visible for attendees
🎶 It's beginning to feel like winter 🎶 ... therefore stay warm and join us for game night: the online version. Best of all, you may wear whatever you want...no one will know.
Login with any device: desktop/laptop computer, cell phone or tablet. Be aware the smaller the device, the smaller the game will appear on your screen, so we recommend playing on a tablet or computer.
Please setup the following accounts prior to the event, so you are ready to play at game time:
- Board Game Arena account (don't worry it is FREE): https://boardgamearena.com/?sp=1ilh0j
- Discord (a voice chat app - we use chat only, video not needed): https://discord.com/register
- Tip: If you have a busy home consider setting up “push to talk” – find this in your settings.
- Join FallCon's Discord Server - you will find us at https://discord.gg/MvPzhtYcAU
- At game time, join the Lobby in the #looking-for-a-game chat or voice channel where we will decide what game to play. Depending on number of players, we may split into different table channels.
Any questions, please comment or message the host.
The games we play depend on the mood of the attendees. Do not worry if you do not know the games, as we will teach or learn along the way.
To get an idea of what we have played:
- Just One * co-operative game similar to Taboo *
- Welcome To
- Go Nuts for Donuts
- Lucky Numbers
- 6 Nimmit
- Fri night games | Queer Calgary and FallConThe Sentry Box, Calgary, AB
FallCon is excited to partner with Queer Calgary in offering Queer board gaming within Calgary!
This event series happens on most Fridays on the upper mezzanine at the Sentry Box. You are welcome to come whether you are new to gaming or an experienced board game expert.
This event is meant to be a safer, welcoming place for Queer identified individuals and to offer social supports for our community.
Safer Space Notes:
- If you are unsure of someone's pronouns, don't assume - Ask, Respect and Practice.
- Please ask before taking pictures!
- Queer Calgary is happy to provide bus tickets, if needed.
We are a friendly bunch but transphobia, homophobia and/or discrimination will not be tolerated. If you'd like to learn about allyship, here are some resources to get you started: Skipping Stone, Egale Canada
Queer Calgary is a grassroots initiative that was started to fight queer isolation and to build queer community within Calgary. They do that by offering regular community events, including this weekly board game event. If you would like more information you can find them on Facebook, meetup or Instagram.
- FallCon Presents: Friday Night Board Games Online!Link visible for attendees
**Note: Please remember to cancel your RSVP if you can't make it.**
Join us every Friday night from 7-10 pm (ish) for a fun-filled evening of board games online with friends, old and new! Everyone is welcome! We will always try to have people willing to host and teach games.
We will be using the following platforms:
Discord plus a Microphone for chatting. (https://discord.com) FREE
A Board Game Arena account (https://boardgamearena.com) FREE
Join us in the "Looking For Players" channel in our FallCon Discord server on Friday (https://discord.gg/jkuGtCcDKf). If there is a game you'd like to play, teach or learn, pop it in the comments (or in the General Chat channel on Discord).
Friday Night Meetup Hosts:
Karl, Wendi, Krysta, Greg, Jackie
Hope to see you there!