What we’re about
Fat Cat Fab Lab is a volunteer-run makerspace in the West Village, Manhattan NYC. A place for learning, designing, collaborating, and building.
We offer traditional and digital fabrication tools, workshops and events with an emphasis on low cost open source innovation.
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- 3D Printing Design for Beginners (Fusion 360)Fat Cat Fab Lab, New York, NY$55.00
Are you a complete beginner in CAD design for 3D printing? Then this class is for you! We teach Fusion 360 for 3D printing, no prior CAD experience required.
This class lasts 2.5 hours, the first portion will be walking attendees through the design process step-by-step, the second portion of the class will be learning to print the designs and students beginning their own designs with teacher assistance.
Please make sure you come with a laptop, mouse (ideally with middle button), Fusion 360 installed and registered, and the UltiMaker Cura Slicer program installed.
Register ahead of time here to reserve your spot: https://site.corsizio.com/a/6552ebab1b6f88f92891ebff
- Laser Open HoursFat Cat Fab Lab, New York, NY
This meetup is open to the public and dedicated to the Laser.
If you've taken our Laser Basic Usage & Safety Class, you can use this time to run your jobs with an instructor present and brush up on your skills!
This is a requirement before going solo! Please note that this is a shared time so we ask that you do not come with a job that will take longer than 15-20 minutes.
The event costs $20 for non-members and $1 per minute for job-time, which is defined by when the laser is actually cutting or engraving.
Please register and pay here to reserve your spot:
- Open House at Fat Cat Fab LabFat Cat Fab Lab, New York, NY
In-Person Open House is Back! Wow!
Open House and Project Night:
- Open House is casual and unstructured, come hang!
- Get a tour of the space: Laser room, woodshop, metal shop, sewing area, 3D printing area, electronics lab, and more!
- If you're looking for help with a project, stop by and meet members who may be able to help you with that cool new project you're totally stuck on!
- If you're a non-member, this day is for you. You're welcome to use our space and hand tools to work on your projects! (Note: 3D printers available if your print completes during the meetup. Sorry, laser and CNC router reserved for members or those who've taken a class.)
- If you're interested in joining as a Fat Cat Fab Lab member, in person participation at one of our Open House events is the first step towards becoming a member!
Please be safe and healthy!
- Laser Class: Basic Use & Safetyfat cat fab lab, New York, NY
LEARN HOW TO HARNESS 80 WATTS OF LASER POWER!
Interested in how our laser cutter works? Come to the basic usage and safety class! This class is required for anyone who would like to use our laser cutter for a project in the future.
Please be prepared to take notes. Students must pass a written test and demonstration certification test to use this machine solo. Please attend this class only if you are able to commit to the full three hour session.
The class costs $50 for member and $75 for non-members. Please register and pay here to reserve your spot:
What can you do with the laser? Check out these links!