What we're about
This group is for any female who enjoys playing basketball!!!
The skill level however is best for women who have experience playing competitive basketball. Unfortunately our group would NOT BE IDEAL for beginners or for people who do not have a firm grasp of the rules or for anyone wanting to learn how to play.
In the meantime, if you know of anyone who would be interested in joining our group, tell them to add themselves and to RSVP next time there is a meetup scheduled.
NOTE: We only play during school months (Sept-June)
I hope to see you all out in the fall!!!
BASIC RULES FOR RSVP'ing FOR MEETUPS
• There is an 21 PLAYER LIMIT at all meetups so please RSVP if you are planning to come.
• Ideally, RSVP deadline is 2 hours prior to the actual meetup - this is more important for cancelling, not necessarily for joining.
• IF YOU RSVP YES BUT DECIDE NOT TO COME, PLEASE CHANGE YOUR STATUS TO NO IMMEDIATELY This will allow space for other players to RSVP if we had reached our max or help me determine if I should cancel the meetup.
• If there are less than 8 people confirmed for a meetup, I will cancel the meetup. I will send out an email at least 2 hours prior to all the ladies who RSVP'd Yes to let them know not to come.
BASIC RULES OF THE GAME FOR OUR MEETUP
• Games are up to 11 points (for 2 teams) or 8 minutes (for 3 teams)
• OFFENCE calls the personal fouls
• DEFENCE would call any other violations (Ex: travelling or double dribble) and offensive fouls
• Always "check" the ball to start the play and only pass (do not dribble or shoot immediately after checking the ball)
• For stoppage in play:
• If it is offense ball, offense takes the ball to the top of the key/3 point line and "checks" the ball in.
• If it is defense ball, the ball should be inbounded from the end line.
• EVERYONE gets equal playing time. Be mindful and considerate of your playing time and EVERYONE should sub often. It is not about being tired....it is about BEING FAIR.
• EVERYONE MUST BE self aware and in control of their emotions. Poor sportsmanship and negative attitudes will NOT be tolerated. Anyone I feel that does not have control of their emotions/actions will be removed from this meetup group.
Lastly, remember to play hard, play competitively but also HAVE FUN!
****Take note: This is a physical activity where the chances of injury are possible. By RSVP'ing, you are accepting to take the risk of possible injury to yourself. This is strictly a PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK group and any liabilities are waived to the organizers.****