What we’re about
Welcome to the modern, energetic, enthusiastic free and open source (FOSS) community of Bengaluru (english: Bangalore), Karnataka, India.
We are passionate about LEARN-ing, SHAR-ing, HACK-ing something new every WEEK-end !
Some of the topics of interest are <br>
• Distributed Systems
• Data Center and Operations Automation.
• Cloud Computing. Virtualization.
• Docker, rkt and Containers (OCI).
• Software Defined Networking (SDN).
• Software Defined Storage (SDS).
• Continuous Integration.
• Continuous Delivery (CI-CD gitlab multi CI-runner, Travis CI)
• Canary deployments.
• Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
• Cloud Storage and Containerized Storage.
• DevOps best practices.
• C++, Java, Nim, Rust, Golang.
• SML/NJ, Haskell, OCaml, F#.
• Micro Services. Service Mesh (istio, envoy).
• High Performance Computing.
• OS (Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, Windows, OpenVMS).
• Scripting (Lua, Bash, PowerShell).
• Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Robotics.
• Edge computing models, Fog computing.
• Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure.
• FOSS technologies on Windows 2016 and UNIX platforms.
• Agile Software Development.
• New upcoming FOSS Technologies and Hardware developments.
FOSS project specifics <br>
As part of stewardship and contributor experience, we also discuss.
• What constitutes a FOSS project
• What tools and techniques does one need to practice ? <br>
• How to contribute to a FOSS project
• FOSS project dynamics (Growth, Stabilization, Decline).
• How to build a community around your FOSS project.
• Legal aspects (Copyright, Software License, ICLA, Rights, Legal remedies).
• Project 'fork' case studies.
• FOSS Project 'tragedy of commons'.
• Building a business around a FOSS project
• Getting paid for contributing to FOSS project or for your own FOSS project. <br> <br>
All our events are "free of charge" and follow a "inclusive and safe" code of conduct.
Join the community today ! <br>
(2017/08/11) fosscafe slides are available at https://speakerdeck.com/fosscafe/fosscafe
Past events (84)See all
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Distributed Systems
- Data Center and Operations Automation
- Cloud Computing
- Software Defined Networking
- Continuous Integration
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Storage
- Open Source
- Network Engineering
- Programming Languages
- Functional Programming
- Software Development