What we're about
We are lovers of French language, French culture, customs, traditions as well as its history and diversity.
Created 5 years ago, we are already the biggest French meetup in the USA, 8,000 MEMBERS.
We organize several events a week :
- French Mondays to meet and greet, improve our French conversation skils, and make new connections.
- We also organize Museum Tours in French, mostly at The Metropolitan : "French-with-Art with Anna" invites you to a series of highly engaging interactive and guided art discussion at the MET.
- Wednesdays, we have a weekly French FREE workshop, organized by Ruth.
- Once in a while, Mohammed likes to have a special French Moroccan evening at Kazuza with belly dancers, happy hour specials, hookahs etc.
- NEW : check L'ATELIER THÉÂTRE (https://ateliertheatreny.com/) L'ATELIER THÉÂTRE FRANÇAIS DE NEW YORK
We promote writers, artists, philosophers and food lovers. We also love people who want to talk about areas with strong cultural Francophonie roots, our members are French, Canadian, North and West African, Haitian, Swiss, Belgium and of course American people who like everything French.
Although the official language is French, you do NOT need to speak French to be a member, we will just ask you to be patient with our accent if we try to communicate. Each event has a theme and ideas are welcome.
-- Jean-Philippe, founder