What we're about
Learning another language is a challenge - sans aucun doute !
Whether it’s just keeping up with a language you’ve learnt in the past, or taking what you’ve learnt in the classroom out into the real world, there’s no way of doing it easily!
That’s why I started this French conversation group - to provide a solution for the conundrum: how on earth do I keep up with my French? It’s also become a place for French and Francophone expats to take some time out from speaking English, and get to know some Melbourne locals.
To my surprise, the group became so much more! Not only does the group host around seven events each month in Melbourne, it also gave birth to our magazine and online community: MyFrenchLife.org (http://myfrenchlife.org) and then to MyFrenchMelbourne (http://www.instagram.com/MyFrenchMelbourne)and MyFrenchLondon (http://www.instagram.com/MyFrenchLondon) location focused communities.
How do I attend events? in 3 steps
1. Sign-up as a member at MyFrenchLife.org (http://myfrenchlife.org/sign-up) - it’s free! - Click here to join! (http://myfrenchlife.org/sign-up)
2. Then join our Meetup group (http://www.meetup.com/frenchinmelbourne/)!
(Using your real name so we know who you are – for further details click on French conversation group FAQ page (http://myfrenchlife.org/faq/french-conversation-group).)
3. RSVP for events you’d like to attend and keep your RSVP current.
As someone who’s taken the time to learn the French language, you know there’s so much involved in gaining a deeper understanding of French history and culture, which leads to a deeper appreciation of the language, the French people and the country.
Our online community is all about discovering France beyond the cliché and gaining that deeper understanding & appreciation as we connect with other members.
Sick with longing for France?
Constantly planning your next French dream trip? Yearning to immerse yourself in French-ness where ever you are? As a member of MyFrenchLife.org (http://myfrenchlife.org) you can solve all these quandaries and more with our articles, newsletters and invitations to special member-only events. Click here to join! (http://myfrenchlife.org/sign-up)
Our French conversation events - the details
1. All attendees must be members of MyFrenchLife.org (http://myfrenchlife.org/sign-up), as well as this 'French in Melbourne' group on Meetup.
2. Our events are only open to members of both: MyFrenchLife.org and this group (and your guests, when you’re present). All attendees must RSVP on Meetup before attending as keep your RSVP up to date please.
3. Price: $2.50 MyFrenchLife.org members (http://myfrenchlife.org/sign-up).
(Visit our website here and look for the big red ‘sign-up’ button – top right!). Money collected at events contributes to the fees of the meet-up platform and other costs associated with MyFrenchLife.org. (This also saves you annual membership fees!).
What level of French is required? Who can come along?
You’ll find the answers to these questions (and many others) on our French conversation group FAQ page (http://myfrenchlife.org/faq/french-conversation-group).
We look forward to seeing you at our next event!
Merci beaucoup et à bientôt,
Fondatrice - MyFrenchLife.org