The Google Developer Group (GDG) Austin, formerly known as Austin GTUG, meets to share and discuss software development related to Google technologies and products. Our primary goal is to provide valuable, high quality information to software developers in the Austin area. We encourage member participation and strive for a mix of speakers from local members and experts to Google evangelists and product team members. You can also find us on Google+ (https://plus.google.com/117635509141852388558)
Disclaimer: GDG Austin is an independent group; our activities and the opinions expressed here should in no way be linked to Google, the corporation.
Hey Android Developers! Do you use threading in your app? Does threading also give you a headache? Let’s take a dive into Kotlin Coroutines, a new, powerful Jetbrains library that makes threading easy.
Senior Android Software Engineer, Lauren Yew from Under Armour will present:
- What coroutines are and how they function
- How to use them (with real world examples and demos)
- Where and why you should use coroutines in your app
- How to avoid pitfalls of coroutines
- How they compare to other threading solutions like callbacks and RxJava