• What we'll do
Learn how to build Actions for the Google Assistant that are useful for your community - whether it's a professional network, interest group, or your hometown. We can interact with the google assistant for many reasons; to google search via voice, play music, execute commands, run different apps created by other developers and they can also be integrated with other platforms and devices...and build your own apps!
1) What is this event about?
Part of a global event series that is supported by Google Developers and the Assistant Team.
2) Facilitator: Amanda Cavallaro (@chibichibibr)
Amanda is a software developer, passionate about Cloud technologies, Human-Computer Interactions and Chatbots. During the day she works at resolver.co.uk, when the sun goes down she wears her cape of Google Developer Expert for Google Assistant and is a Women Techmakers Lead and Community Organiser at GDG Cloud London. You can speak to her in Portuguese, English, Italian and a little of Japanese. You can find more info about her on her website: amanda.ml.
3) Creation: Build your Actions on Google
4) Share: Showcase your App
5) Feedback: Give Feedback to the Product Team
6) Networking: snacks and drinks provided
7) Bonus: You can check other apps created by other developers at the Google Assistant Directory 🔗https://assistant.google.com/explore/ 🔗
8) You can see how interesting our past Actions on Google event were here 🔗 https://www.meetup.com/gdgcloud/events/242408166/ 🔗
• What to bring
About the venue:
http://www.resolver.co.uk provides consumers with quick and easy access to the tools and knowledge they need to get their problems sorted – for free.
We believe that the best way to help consumers is by educating them about their rights and by working with businesses to improve their services. To this end, we try to remain impartial wherever possible and bridge the gap between businesses and consumers.
We stick to a strong ethical code – we’re always going to be free to consumers, we don’t feature adverts, we don’t sell on our users’ personal data, and we don’t market to consumers.
Overall, we aim to be a guiding force that people can trust, championing better outcomes for everyone.