Smart? Weird? Identify as a woman? Dying for new girlfriends who "get you"? This is your group! All ages welcome, but be prepared for some seriously intelligent conversation. Topics will be all over the place.
PLEASE JOIN if you're open-minded, eccentric, smart, someone who can listen as well as share, fun, funny, opinionated, thoughtful, awesome.
PLEASE DO NOT JOIN if you're a guy (YOU WILL BE REMOVED ASAP, let's not waste each other's time), want to make this all about you, can't roll with people who have different politics or religions, or are just plain crazy.
***DO NOT SEND EMAIL TO THE ORGANIZERS TRYING TO SELL OUR GROUP ANYTHING. Any emails received like this will be reported.***
Main group rules:
• Geek women only
• A personal photo of each member is required, this photo can be different for your Geek Girls profile than from your standard Meetup profile. We all joined this group to meet fellow Geek Girls, it's hard to identify someone else without their face, and it helps ease the butterflies to have a picture of the people you're looking out for. We also require that your name/name you go by be in your profile info. No one wants to introduce "Geek1970", we unfortunately are not a spy group, so don't need handles.
• Once members have signed up for an event, they are responsible to update their RSVP to "No" in the event something has come up or plans have changed within 48 hrs. If cancelling after 48 hrs, please provide general reason to organizer. This is a courtesy to the event host and other members. If the event has already started or you are unable to notify immediately, please reach out to the event organizer. Failure to do so will result in a "No Show". 3 No Shows within 1 year (starting 10/1/17) will result in removal from the group. Repeated last minute cancellations without excuse will be considered as "No Show".
• Please do not treat "Yes" like a Maybe. If you are not sure, just sign up later vs backing out.
• No Drop ins, if you are planning on attending an event, you must sign up. Spots are often limited, and event organizers need to know who to expect.
• Events may have a minimum attendance sign up. If sign ups drop below the minimum, the event will be cancelled. Notice will be given via the event title, comments, etc. Please try to keep your RSVP "Yes", it's not fair to others to have their plans cancelled if the sign up goes to0 low.
• Geek Girls of the East Valley events are a No Judgement Zone. Many of us have been geeks far longer than it has been popular, we know what it's like to be teased, told what we like is silly, be misunderstood. We need to strive to extend this understanding to any differences in opinion. Debates are always welcome, let's just remember to keep them respectful. If you encounter an issue, please discuss with an Organizer.