- Hunt Country - Middleburg; Intermediate 30 mile rideMiddleburg Community Charter School, Middleburg, VA
Arrive 9:45 AM
Pedal 10:00 AM
We've got a great opportunity for a December ride with mild temps!
Join your Meetup friends for a ride from the Middleburg Community Charter School through the Hunt Country. This will likely be a cold start, so dress accordingly.
Distance: 29.9 mi
Elevation gain: 1,641 ft
Max Climb: 7.5%
All persons participating in the activity accept and/or assume any and all risks of injuries (physical or otherwise) arising from and/or associated with this activity.
What to bring?
• Your bike
• Helmet - This is mandatory!
• Bicycle Emergency Kit - (mini tool, spare tube, tire levers, CO2 cartridge or hand pump)
• Cycling shoes
• Cycling glasses
• Cue sheet and/or GPS device with route loaded
• Cell phone
• Mid -ride snack
• Water and/or sports drink
• Cash or credit card
• Camera - it's always fun to have pictures of the scenery and fellow riders
Other Things to Keep in Mind
• Please review the group's No Show Policy.
• If you RSVP "yes" and you are unable to attend due to unexpected circumstances, or you are running late, please call or text the event host (Please include your name with any voice or text message).
• No go if conditions are bad. This includes rain, wet roads, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, earthquakes, locusts, or cats & dogs falling out of the sky.
Questions & Contact Info
As always, if you have any questions, you may email the organizer(s) for the event or post your question as a comment. Alternatively, you can contact me at 571.293.6864 and make sure you tell me who you are.
- Leesburg Christmas Lights Tour & After Party at MaverickMaverick Bicycles, Leesburg, VA
Mark your calendars for the Annual Christmas Lights Tour & After Party at Maverick Bikes on Friday, December 15th!
The ride will DEPART PROMPTLY at 6:00 p.m. from Maverick, and refreshments will be available upon return. Plan to arrive early so you won't miss the 6:00 pm roll-out.
The route will depart from Maverick and meander through nearby neighborhoods with the finale through downtown on King St.
Feel free to decorate your bike and yourself with holiday lights! Nothing like cheerfully added visibility.
The entry fee to do this ride is a food donation for Ampersand Pantry Project in Leesburg. The Project drop box for food is inside the front door of the showroom at Maverick Bikes and you can drop food anytime, the box is there 24-7.
RSVPs are limited to 100 attendees. If you have RSVPed going, and your plans change, please update your status.
Average speed will be 8 mph with occasional stops to take in the sights. This is a No Drop Ride - no one will be left behind. Ride leader will stop periodically to regroup. The ride will take about 1 hour.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and has sufficient air in the tires. All bicycles MUST have working white front lights and rear red lights or reflectors since the ride is after dark. (Virginia law!) If you need maintenance help or a new set of lights, please stop by the shop well before the ride for assistance.
Helmets are required! A bandana worn under the helmet provides just enough cover to keep your ears warm.
If it is cold, bundle up in your winter coat, warm fuzzy boots and gloves. Layers, layers, layers! For a short slow ride, you can pedal your clipless pedals with whatever is on your feet. The point is to stay warm! No one will work up a sweat on this ride.
Cyclists ride at their own risk.
Ride will be cancelled for rain, snow or winds 20+ mph.
*Photo by Douglas Graham©